LeCroy outsourcing manufacturing to other companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeCroy outsourcing manufacturing to other companies

I have read about some LeCroy scopes are custom made by Atten, and I have seen a LeCroy scope made in Japan by Iwatsu.
    Could LeCroy be doing that to keep afloat?

What other major US test equipment companies are outsourcing manufacture to other (most likely overseas) companies?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: LeCroy outsourcing manufacturing to other companies

This question is like asking from some one to write down an complete analysis just for you, of which company is doing what in their full range of products.

Personally I have lost my enthusiasm regarding Agilent scopes, by finding out that their 3000X are using low quality heat-sinks in their PSU, and the same parts are also in the RIGOL DS-2000 which is Made in China.

In contrast, GW Instek is a Taiwanese company which uses Taiwanese R&D plus Japanese capacitors (Nippon Chemi-Con) and individual full size heat-sinks with fins in every part on that power supply in their GDS-2000A scopes.
    Even the fan is using hydro-bearings and is made in Taiwan.
    Their probes comes from PINTEK another Taiwanese manufacturer which makes only high quality products, which they travel as OEM in the hands of respectable brands like BK precision and others.

GW Instek managed to impresses me, they use the highest quality of parts available in Taiwan, and if they need something which is not available in the quality level that they demand (localy), they import it from Japan.
    About their saying .. Simply reliable .. now it is obvious the how-to, which they are using so to succed that.
    Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 04-20-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X