Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIZIO E50-C1 spotty / blotchy backlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO E50-C1 spotty / blotchy backlight?

Hi everyone, I've repaired several TVs with the help of the friendly folks here.

I rescued a VIZIO E50-C1 from the curb yesterday. I've had it running for several hours and it seems to work great, except for some cosmetic issues involving the backlight. I performed a factory reset and set the picture mode to 'Standard.' Backlight is 70%, 'auto brightness control' is off, and 'active LED zones' is off.

For the attached photo, I adjusted the camera settings to accentuate the issue.

My main concern is the area at the bottom of the screen with the distinct border. The area does not change shape and always appears slightly brighter than the surrounding area. The overall uneven backlighting, and even the dark / splotchy areas on the right half of the screen aren't very bothersome during normal viewing.

Is the brighter area at the bottom possibly due to an issue with the backlight's reflective sheet? Perhaps it has become dislodged or warped from heat?

I have not yet opened the TV, and figured I'd ask here before I do. Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Attached Files

Re: VIZIO E50-C1 spotty / blotchy backlight?

I don't see how this can be fixed without opening it.

Comment

Normally when there is discoloration the diffuser caps over the leds may have popped off. Have you opened the tv yet?

Comment

from the curb yesterday
        what do you mean? TV is found on a landfill? At open air?
        Seems dirt inside sheets and also wet in the bottom border...

Comment

Working...
        X