• Show
Clear All

HP 15 day11amb6e0 y11a Shutdown Issue

Good Day,
    Model : HP 15-p004nx
    Boardcode : day11amb6e0

Issue :

When plug in, fan spins for a seconds then off,
    When power on current responds up to 0.12A then back to 0A but no fan spin.
    Checking the voltages, VCORE is missing checking enable signal, VRON also missing and already tried to flash bios and replace the SIO but same issue.
    Another signal is also missing HWPG, i tried to look for the cause, I already tried cutting the lines coming from powergood signals of 1.05V , 1.35v ram supply and 5v supply ic but nothing change

Re: HP 15 day11amb6e0 y11a Shutdown Issue

another unit receive same issue

Comment

The fault must be earlier in the sequence. Find Out what exactly is Missing should give the clue. Of course, Schematics will Help a lot Here.
      And it Would be also a good start to Check whether PGood is released at Supplys with Expected Voltage present.
      A few days ago i Had a Board Here, some technicians already Messed with it. 1.05V PGood Not released and additionally the EC was somehow "stuck" after fixing the PGood. A bit of "stabbing" the the EC and corresponding components of Missing PM_SLP_S3# solved the issue. Board works stable since then.

And this is Not the First Time i fixed Something while "stabbing" around the EC and the VRM. Happened already a few Times to me.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

up for today !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          The fault must be earlier in the sequence. Find Out what exactly is Missing should give the clue. Of course, Schematics will Help a lot Here.
          And it Would be also a good start to Check whether PGood is released at Supplys with Expected Voltage present.
          A few days ago i Had a Board Here, some technicians already Messed with it. 1.05V PGood Not released and additionally the EC was somehow "stuck" after fixing the PGood. A bit of "stabbing" the the EC and corresponding components of Missing PM_SLP_S3# solved the issue. Board works stable since then.

And this is Not the First Time i fixed Something while "stabbing" around the EC and the VRM. Happened already a few Times to me.
          I have already checked all the supply connected to the Pgood signal and All of them released the voltage output before it shutdown but PGOOD signal is missing. Can you help me trace the THermal IC? I will try to remove and put back it to reset
          Attached Files

Comment

You're talking about U16? Probably not present because a optional component.

Which PGood exactly is missing? H_PROCHOT# low or high?
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X