Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu Lifebook E544

Hello there peeps,,

I am having strange problem with this notebook. Sometimes I am not able to turn this notebook on again. Only for a second the leds lid and then I am having the WIFI LED flash like for 5 times ,, sometimes only for 3 times. After maybe 5-10 minutes later I am able to power it on again.

I have thermal cam and I have noticed when I plug the notebook in on the picture circled red you will notice TPS51125A which will heat up. When the power on failing I can see that it is getting cold again and after few seconds 3-5 later it will heat up again.

Could this be the problem ?? As there is no schematic not really sure what to check. Thank You in advance...

Flashed the BIOS with new BIOS and CleanME thinking that it will solve the problem but same thing was happening. Also was starting the board without the board where the switch is in case that is causing the problem. Same result ...
    Last edited by matusiq; 01-05-2022, 11:49 AM.

Re: Fujitsu Lifebook E544

Nobody got any idea about this problem ??

Comment

Check all Pins to GND. Usually each measurement should be in KiloOhms range. If everything seems fine, the issue might be behind a load switch, or the load-switch itself
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
        Check all Pins to GND. Usually each measurement should be in KiloOhms range. If everything seems fine, the issue might be behind a load switch, or the load-switch itself
        Thank You for reply ... I will check it later on as this notebook is a little bit nightmare do disassemble and it taking a lot of room on my tabel.

Like I said this problem is sporadic ... first turn ON when everything is cold is fine. After I will shut it down then the problem occur but after 5-10x it will start again ...

Load switch meaning mosftet ???

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post
          Hello there peeps,,

I am having strange problem with this notebook. Sometimes I am not able to turn this notebook on again. Only for a second the leds lid and then I am having the WIFI LED flash like for 5 times ,, sometimes only for 3 times. After maybe 5-10 minutes later I am able to power it on again.

I have thermal cam and I have noticed when I plug the notebook in on the picture circled red you will notice TPS51125A which will heat up. When the power on failing I can see that it is getting cold again and after few seconds 3-5 later it will heat up again.

Could this be the problem ?? As there is no schematic not really sure what to check. Thank You in advance...

Flashed the BIOS with new BIOS and CleanME thinking that it will solve the problem but same thing was happening. Also was starting the board without the board where the switch is in case that is causing the problem. Same result ...
          Check resistance on coils near this chip

Comment

Well ... I can confirm that in my case replacing the chip "TPS51125A" solved the problem so far the notebook will turn on always without any problems.

Comment

Working...
            X