Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Samsung UN70NU6070FXZC 70 inch TV worth keeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this Samsung UN70NU6070FXZC 70 inch TV worth keeping?

can you show a good picture of that issue?

Comment

Had a break from being busy...so I gave up on the tape trick and took it entirely off of the ribbons.

I installed the top ribbon (left side of screen) carefully with the tv on (I know - not good) but I have a perfect picture! I ran a colour test from Youtube and the colours are uniform both left and right of the screen - no bad markings!

I don't want to shut it down b/c it will start with only sound and backlights again...

I'm left with this question...If the LCD panel was bad, it wouldn't produce a perfect image - correct? Is this more an issue with the mainboard or perhaps the integrated t-con?

Waiting for your knowledge...

Comment

hmm, I wonder if you just had a dirty connection or your cable slightly out of alignment?

Comment

I have same TV with the same problem.
          I also couldn't get any decent result with tape, only hop plugging one of LCD cables results in good image.
          Need to find out what check fails at startup and how to bypass it or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            hmm, I wonder if you just had a dirty connection or your cable slightly out of alignment?
            The LVDS ribbons make great contact now b/c from all the trials and errors of taping, I had to cut the ribbons down since they were coming apart. The image is perfect when plugging in the top ribbon for the left side of screen when tv is on.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
              I have same TV with the same problem.
              I also couldn't get any decent result with tape, only hop plugging one of LCD cables results in good image.
              Need to find out what check fails at startup and how to bypass it or something like that.
              Would love to know how to bypass it too. I spent too much for a 2 year old tv to trash it. The image right now is excellent that I don't want to ever unplug it...

Comment

I wonder if it's one of those caps that you couldn't get a response from?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  I wonder if it's one of those caps that you couldn't get a response from?
                  I've seen the Youtube videos where removing the dead caps from the LCD driver board would get it to work, but with my lack of expertise, I would probably ruin the board or get rid of wrong ones!

I wish there was a way to trace the bad cap(s) to the correct ribbon pin(s) to cover the short...

Comment

Working...
                  X