Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE40B750 backlight dies after a while

Originally posted by cheeky2 View Post
    Well I am glad you didn't damage them. I would look out for a cheap or free working damaged screen ccfl TV of a 40inch TV. Then strip out the damaged screen of the TV (getting experience first in carefully taking it apart and use one or more of the ccfl tubes in your own TV). Some can be soldered into the ends of the ccfl tubes but you can normally tell which has failed as has blackened ends on the tube and when ignited by inverter will not necessarily be fully lit.
    Personally I wouldn't bother with a led conversion as too much mucking around and long term reliability issues (as leds fail far quicker than ccfl tubes).
    Sure, THAT'S probably why so many people are doing it, it's only a lot of "mucking about" if you don't know what you're doing, otherwise it's pretty simple.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-08-2022, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Oh and too expensive also, 10-20 bucks: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...sort=1&CatId=0

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Oh and too expensive also, 10-20 bucks: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...sort=1&CatId=0
        converting ccfl to led i have always wondered a couple of things.
        white reflector sheet is under ccfl so could cut circles for the leds to poke through?
        are the diffuser sheets the same ccfl vs leds so would picture quality be ok?

Comment

VR69, can just put the strips on top, need to be careful not to break the standoffs if you don't have any new ones, the heat from the ccfl tubes make them pretty brittle after so many years, good example there, i think he had some kind of antenna issue at the end there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hh0iAsWieg
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-08-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Sure, THAT'S probably why so many people are doing it, it's only a lot of "mucking about" if you don't know what you're doing, otherwise it's pretty simple.
            Fair enough. I haven't looked into it but consider LED's long term are too unreliable over time compared to ccfl tubes. I have a large selection of ccfl tubes from damaged screens so wouldn't consider it as a repair. Particularly as the price of non smart TV's is dropping locally and the demand is dropping for them as well

Comment

Truth is it's all old heavy junk, plasma, ccfl and crt.

Comment

Working...
              X