Sony KDL50EX645 Six Blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL50EX645 Six Blink

OK, so sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not. I finally got the 2.7 meg resistor and installed it and still no back light.

I tested the stand alone Power Supply by jumping pin 1 to pin 3 with a 1K resistor, PFC voltage and 12 Volts all OK as well as 24 Volts to LED Driver board, so the Power Supply seems to be working with no load.

With everything connected the Power On pin cycles to 3.3 volts when the power button is depressed but only stays there for about one second.

See PDF for voltages

I have checked the LED's with a low current tester and they appear to be OK, there are 16 different control lines and each read approximately 38 volts.

The LED Driver board is a bit of a mystery, it connects to the TCON??
    Attached Files

Comment

NO, it connects to the powerboard, it's right below it there.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        NO, it connects to the powerboard, it's right below it there.
        Not quite what I meant. Look at the back of the TV photo that was posted and you will see a ribbon cable that runs from the LED Driver Board to the TCON. I was puzzled as signals such as SOC SEL1, SOC SEL2, SPI EN and others are connected at CN4 and terminate at the TCON - those are the mystery.

Comment

A quick recap is 2.7 M resistor was replaced on the Power Supply, from there the set went to no backlights and Power_On would cycle on for 1 second and then off each time power was commanded.

Did some testing and determined the LED's were OK. I could force BL_ON high though a 1K resistor and the back lights would illuminate. I could then verify at the same time that BL_ERR was behaving and being pulled low when BL_ON was enabled so I was pretty confident that the Power Supply, LED Driver, and LED's were OK.

So, based on that I found a decent price on a Main CCA (after checking all the regulator voltages on the original), installed and got some video anomalies, which I would like some opinions on. The video is very stable but as you can see there are multiple images in the horizontal direction. See attached photo

So any thought on is it bad Main board, TCON, or possible panel that is causing timing issues?

Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RDC55; 04-08-2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

OK so video issue solved by simply changing the panel selection in the service menu.

The new board was from a 60 inch TV, and this is a 50 inch.

Pics attached of service menu before and after. To enter menu press "display" "5" "volume +" "power" starting from standby. Navigate with ^ < > on the remote. I was able to use a remote from a 2007 TV, so Sony hasn't made many changes in that respect.

The model and serial number at the very bottom are still incorrect and I am not sure how to update those, but they don't seem to have any detrimental effect on the displayed video.

An interesting note this Nov. 2012 model Sony defaulted LED backlight to "5" for the custom and standard video modes, but bumped them up to "10" for the vivid mode default.

Take a pic of the service menu before navigating just in case a critical setting is accidentally changed
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RDC55; 04-09-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Good work, thanks for followup, never use vivid mode it will prematurely kill your backlights.

Comment

Have the 6 blinks issue
                Does anyone have schematic or service manual for KDL50EX645 or at least for power supply ?

Comment

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?...oria=&kat2=all

Comment

Thank you @RDC55
                    Got it!
                    Fixed it - https://youtu.be/Oj3GZW3ry_0

Comment

Working...
                    X