• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

Did you ever find problem... I'm having same issue

Comment

I still have this in the pipeline, so to speak...

I have a customer who might be bringing me in an identical model with a different problem.. Hopefully I can use hers to find out what's wrong with mine, and then use mine to find out what's wrong with hers..

I'll update this thread if that happens..

Comment

not sure if the connector on the main board is the same... but you might want to look at this post
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65960

perhaps there is some "instability" in and around the same type of connector on the main board that is causing a similar issue for the one connect type sets.... maybe. You might be able to change the connector as in the post but maybe a closer look at how good it is.

Comment

I've worked on these those colors are normal if the OC box is disconnected. You probably have a short in the Box itself as the tv is made to power on without the Box connected. You may have some standby voltage from the TV's power supply loading down inside the Box due to a shorted regulator. The Box essentially takes all the signals and the only thing the power supplies doing is driving voltage to the Box if I remember
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Did you try using the displayport, on the mainboard?

Comment

Did anyone ever fix this issues or shove.. please help

Comment

OK Possible movement on this..

Just got in a UN65KS8500 Concave Screen.... Works perfectly, but has no ONE CONNECT box...

What are my odds that there are parts in there that will help with the UN55F9000??

Comment

Now that I remember it the main board that takes a processing signal from the OC Box on this TV is most likely bad. Something is wrong when it receives signal from the OC Box it goes into no picture status. I would try main board.

Comment

Most likely you do not have swappable parts between the 2 tvs as panels are different panel processing is different

Comment

my money is on the tcon board... with the box disconnected from a working set your would not get that white screen with those messed up bars showing the offset bars at the dividing line between the left and right channels of the tcon...

Comment

Yea, A tcon was my guess too.. But I replaced it. It's possible I got a bad TCON as the replacement.. Maybe it's time to revisit that

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                          Did you try using the displayport, on the mainboard?
                          Near as I can recall, there are no ports on the MainBoard save for the OneConnect box port..

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post

No Tesla yet, but I've got the next best thing: a worn out two-litre diesel Peugeot 206, about 12 years old and 110k miles.

Well, by "best" I mean...it still moves, and drives, which is kind of the primary purpose of a car, but the air con is dead, the coolant leaks, the engine management computer is unhappy, and it has the power of an asthmatic kitten riding a hamster.
                            Sounds more like a 20 year old beater! If not like a 30 year old beater! (Reminds me of what I expect of a 15 year old car that's like crap, because it was owned by a hillbilly in Vermont or New Hampshire, who think they know everything, but don't give a dang! And the engine oil black like rodent faeces!)

Especially if it's gutless like an N/A diesel from the 1980s! (For cars in the U.S., a good chance of a mouse living in the air intake!)
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-01-2017, 05:29 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I really do believe this looks like a main board fault within the TV itself yes I do know that the main board doesn't allow any connections except for the one connect Box however this main board tells the 1 connect Box to turn on and off with the TV and something is not driving when the tv commands the 1 connect Box to turn on. The reason you get back lights and some funky picture is because power supply is commanded power on mode only when there is no 1 connect Box so he has Nothing to connect to. I believe I prob and V ram functions are inside the Box and if it's not connected the TV is showing some sort of test pattern. The one that I had last year had the same weird white picture with the yellow a d cyan boxes like you have with no 1 connect Box connected Well I truly do believe that this is what you're going to see when the Box is not connected to the TV. Instead of trying to pull schematics and figure out what regulator or switch has gone bad on the main board inside the TVI found a good deal in just replaced the board and all problems were solved

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                I really do believe this looks like a main board fault within the TV itself yes I do know that the main board doesn't allow any connections except for the one connect Box however this main board tells the 1 connect Box to turn on and off with the TV and something is not driving when the tv commands the 1 connect Box to turn on. The reason you get back lights and some funky picture is because power supply is commanded power on mode only when there is no 1 connect Box so he has Nothing to connect to. I believe I prob and V ram functions are inside the Box and if it's not connected the TV is showing some sort of test pattern. The one that I had last year had the same weird white picture with the yellow a d cyan boxes like you have with no 1 connect Box connected Well I truly do believe that this is what you're going to see when the Box is not connected to the TV. Instead of trying to pull schematics and figure out what regulator or switch has gone bad on the main board inside the TVI found a good deal in just replaced the board and all problems were solved

Thanx for the reply... As with the TCON, I had also replaced the Main Board.. No Joy.. And again, as with the TCON, it's possible I got a bum Main...

What I need is an identical TV that works perfectly.. No duh, right??

Stranger things have happened around here..

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem with the same pattern. Have you discovered something else? Do you think it could be a firmware problem? I have analyzed the tensions but it is all correct

Comment

Nope.. Still where I was before.. I had hoped that the 65" 4K Curved would provide some insight, but no such luck...

I can't promise, but I might pull the UN55F9000 out and see if maybe we can compare notes...

I might get REALLY lucky and the TV fairies fixed it while it was stored..

Comment

OK If anyone is online that has a problem with the UN55F9000, I have mine out and on the bench... It seems it has a different problem now... No backlight, no latent image on the display....

Dead as the proverbial doornail...

Comment

OK Scratch that.. I guess I didn't wait long enough... After about 40-50 seconds, I DO get a backlight.. Nothing on the display, but definitely a backlight

Comment

OK I am sure I am covering familiar territory...

When I disconnect part/half of the connections on the TCON board, I get the same backlit black no-display result.. That tells me that the "signal" is not making it to the TCON board... DUnno if that's a valid assumption or not..

So I disconnect one of the connections, then the other from the Main Video Board to the pre-TCON board.... Same thing as far as the display goes..

But, when I disconnect the connector marked with the red box, the backlight comes on a LOT faster.. 5 secs or so, compared to the 50 odd seconds with that connector

As Tom Cruise said in A FEW GOOD MEN "I don't know what all that means, but it sounds pretty bad..."
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X