lenovo ideapad y560 laptop serious problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo ideapad y560 laptop serious problem

i have a lenovo ideapad y560 laptop , the laptop was working fine till i decided to upgrade its bios from downloaded setup file found on lenovo website.
    the laptop bios updated perfectly but then it started having booting problems like blinking cursor , or a few other hang ups at bootup time .
    i read somewhere on the lenovo website that the bios can be downgraded using the same program used to update the bios. so i downgraded the bios and the laptop screen went dark black blank when it was supposed to reboot into windows. i had to remove its battery and charger adapter cable to shut down the laptop. now the laptop has no sign of life. no power on or charging lights are visible now. one person user name ishaan on the lenovo website has advised to reprogram the bios of the laptop as it is the only solution other than just replacing the complete motherboard of the laptop. i have now bought the black CH341A programmer to reprogram the bios chips. after examining the laptop i found two bios chips on the laptop motherboard >>
    1. winbond 25Q32BVSIG
    2. winbond 25Q16BVSIG

the problem is that the 25Q16BVSIG remains not detected by the programmer even after many tries
    i have ordered the 25Q16BVSIG bios chips from a seller on a website, the bios chips will reach to me in almost two months time

i used asprogrammer software and CH341A programmer and soip8 clips which successfully detected the 25Q32BVSIG . i have downloaded the bios files for free from one of the threads posted on badcaps forum, and also from another site.
    please guide me. thank you. yours respectedly , unnu

Re: lenovo ideapad y560 laptop serious problem

As a first try, reprogram only 25Q32BVSIG and test the laptop. As a second try, you can ask a local laptop repairshop to reprogram the old 25Q16BVSIG IC for you using a different programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      As a first try, reprogram only 25Q32BVSIG and test the laptop. As a second try, you can ask a local laptop repairshop to reprogram the old 25Q16BVSIG IC for you using a different programmer.
      yes , i did reprogram the 25Q32BVSIG but the laptop did not boot up , no power on lights are turned on no fan movement.

Thank you caspian.
      Last edited by unnu; 12-25-2020, 10:28 PM. Reason: thank you

Comment

Use neo software to program bios

First check bios me region is clean or not

Post in bios section your original bios from chip and ask there for me region clean

Post full , motherboard part number

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
          Use neo software to program bios

First check bios me region is clean or not

Post in bios section your original bios from chip and ask there for me region clean

Post full , motherboard part number
          hello stingerchamp thank you for paying attention to my post,

1.is neo software better than asprogrammer ?

2.Is the me region of bios responsible for the laptop being dead

3. the motherboard part number i guess it is DAKL3MB8EO revision E (is it a zero or O) this is printed on the motherboard ,

the processor is an intel core i5 460m,
          the motherboard has ATI radeon HD5730 graphics chip onboard
          similar motherboards are found on ebay as open box and also pre owned
          but i wish to save my laptop motherboard and also ordering a motherboard from ebay would cost me lots of money.

At present i am unable to retrieve the old original bios which was preinstalled on laptop, i wish that i had not read any of the posts on lenovo forums website about bios updates and not tried to update my laptop bios , it was working fine before the bios update.
          Last edited by unnu; 12-26-2020, 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

I found new programmer easy to use and have device database for new chips winbond, gigabyte etc

Neo programmer auto detected bios chip

Laptop dead can be from many reasons , short in power rail or ic not working etc

Normally bios( bios is a region not chip) is programmed when we have laptop working but no display

In laptop there will be 2 spi (common name bios)chips

One chip communicates with sio and one indirectly to pch

Sio acts according to bios region

You can post your bios file in bios section or ask dump file from same board when your laptop gets repair till no display

Comment

I found new programmer easy to use and have device database for new chips winbond, gigabyte etc

Neo programmer auto detected bios chip

Laptop dead can be from many reasons , short in power rail or ic not working etc

Normally bios( bios is a region not chip) is programmed when we have laptop working but no display

In laptop there will be 2 spi (common name bios)chips

One chip communicates with sio and one indirectly to pch

Sio acts according to bios region

You can post your bios file in bios section or ask dump file from same board when your laptop gets repair till no display

thank you stingerchamp
              i downloaded neoprogrammer and used it

result using neoprogrammer software

result for 25q32bvsig

Current programmer: CH341
              SPI ID: EF4016
              <<W25Q32xV>>
              10:03:55
              Reading memory...
              Success
              Execution time: 00:00:41.378
              CRC32 = 0xBE3B578A

result for 25q16bvsig

Programmer for MCU, AVR, SPI FLASH/EEPROM, I2C, Microwire, v2.1.0.19
              IC not responding

i guess that the 25q16bvsig ic is not working and that is why it is not detected . i think that this is the reason for laptop not booting
              Last edited by unnu; 12-26-2020, 11:08 PM.

Comment

No

Try different programmer which detects your chip

Comment

Hi

You can also try colibri to flash bios with ch341A programmer. I have not yet go any problem that I couldn't flash bios with the programmer except when you using the clamp. Make sure you use 1,8v adapter for 1,8v bios chips.

In attachment verified working bios programmers for ch341.

Good luck

Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                    Hi

You can also try colibri to flash bios with ch341A programmer. I have not yet go any problem that I couldn't flash bios with the programmer except when you using the clamp. Make sure you use 1,8v adapter for 1,8v bios chips.

In attachment verified working bios programmers for ch341.

Good luck

Steve
                    thank you Steve , i dont know if the 25q16bvsig is a 1.8 v bios chip

Comment

No

Try different programmer which detects your chip
                      Thank you stingerchamp , i dont think that i can afford a new programmer right now (like rt809h for example it costs around 15000 rupees ), i will wait for the replacement chips of type 25q16bvsig and check if they are detected by my existing CH341A programmer, and if successful then i will get replaced the chip on my laptop motherboard. Lets see if this works , fingers crossed

Comment

I mean software

Try different software

Ch341a is a device

There is As-programmer software

Comment

Originally posted by unnu View Post
                          Thank you stingerchamp , i dont think that i can afford a new programmer right now (like rt809h for example it costs around 15000 rupees ), i will wait for the replacement chips of type 25q16bvsig and check if they are detected by my existing CH341A programmer, and if successful then i will get replaced the chip on my laptop motherboard. Lets see if this works , fingers crossed
                          25q16bv is EC bios which helps to turn on MB and 25q32bv is Main BIOS. Both operates on 3.3V

Try RT809F, it is a good programmer cheaper than RT809H.

Comment

Ch341a takes 5v as input

http://www.datasheetcafe.com/25q16bv...emory-winbond/

This spi flash is 2.6v to ,3.6 only

Try to not use clip adapter to program bios

Use given adapter socket to program

Comment

I mean software

Try different software

Ch341a is a device

There is As-programmer software
                              i have tried Asprogrammer and also neoprogrammer..... both cannot detect that one 25q16bvsig on my laptop motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
                                25q16bv is EC bios which helps to turn on MB and 25q32bv is Main BIOS. Both operates on 3.3V

Try RT809F, it is a good programmer cheaper than RT809H.

thank you dspok , i will contemplate on your advice.

Comment

no need to change programmer. CH341 works just fine. if u have problem with that windbond, just replace ic with compatible model.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                                    no need to change programmer. CH341 works just fine. if u have problem with that windbond, just replace ic with compatible model.

thank you ktmmotocross , i intend to do exactly as you told

Comment

please tell me whether the attached bios files have undergone cleaning of me region ,
                                      and if possible tell me which of the two attached bios are good to use directly on/for the following system

>> laptop >> lenovo y560
                                      processor intel core i5 460m first or second generation
                                      4gb ram
                                      ati radeon 5730HD graphics onboard
                                      motherboard DAKL3MB8E0

please provide to me the clean me region bios files if possible

attached below are the two sets of bios files for lenovo y560 bios , i have downloaded these files from either badcaps or labone but most probably from badcaps
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unnu View Post
                                        please tell me whether the attached bios files have undergone cleaning of me region ,
                                        and if possible tell me which of the two attached bios are good to use directly on/for the following system

>> laptop >> lenovo y560
                                        processor intel core i5 460m first or second generation
                                        4gb ram
                                        ati radeon 5730HD graphics onboard
                                        motherboard DAKL3MB8E0

please provide to me the clean me region bios files if possible

attached below are the two sets of bios files for lenovo y560 bios , i have downloaded these files from either badcaps or labone but most probably from badcaps
                                        can you provide serial number as marked on bottom base of effected laptop?

Comment

Working...
                                        X