Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with bios programmer (EZP2019+)

Hi Friends,
    Anyone know how to add a new chip to EZP2019 programmer.
    i need to add MX25L12873F TO SOFTWARE,
    PLEASE see the attached picture,

Tks.

Last edited by NiroPall; 09-19-2020, 02:35 AM.

Re: Help with bios programmer (EZP2019+)

I don`t think you can add new chips to the EZP programmers. Do you have any other programmers
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

No i dont have

Comment

You need to cross reference the MX chip with another thats in the EZP support list. The winbond W25Q128JV is cross compatible.

https://www.hklrf.com/24download/img/EZP2019-List.txt
        https://www.winbond.com/hq/support/r...rch=mx25l12873
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I recently got EZP2019+
          I am trying to read Winbond W25Q128FVPQ but always getting not detected message.
          I am using SOC8 pin socket that came with programmer.

I am selecting W25Q128 inside EZP2019+ software available chips.
          Is there anything I am missing ?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tim9 View Post
            I recently got EZP2019+
            I am trying to read Winbond W25Q128FVPQ but always getting not detected message.

Thanks
            Manually slow down the SPI flash data rate to 3 Mhz as per attached graphic and test again.

Please post your results.
            Attached Files

Comment

For now, AFAIK, EZPXXXX programmers can't program MX25L12873F and cross compatible ones. It will even read it and save the BIOS if you choose any 128mb EEPROM, but it can't properly write to it. The result will be corrupted data.

At the other hand, a cheap CH341 programmer + AsProgrammer 2.1.0.13 can easily program these.

I own both programmers so I'm saying this from personal experience.
              Last edited by Smoxx; 02-14-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

how abaout this sir, i want to flash Micron, 1,8v "25q128a 13eco 99chn 318015", can i add new ic data to ezp 2019?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andresi View Post
                  how abaout this sir, i want to flash Micron, 1,8v "25q128a 13eco 99chn 318015", can i add new ic data to ezp 2019?
                  Make sure the chip is well sited as I have the same programmer and usually get that when the chip is not read properly.

Comment

Hi friends i have the same problem with ezp2019+ what the solustion please
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have tried but without success

I want to read W25Q128FVPQ with EZP2019+ but canr read.

what can I use to read/write W25Q128FVPQ

Comment

What can this POS support if it cannot handle such a simple device?? More e-crapware for the landfills...

Are you using their latest software?

Does it function properly with other devices?

Is the device listed in their database for Winbond memory devices?

Comment

Do you use 1,8 V adapter for reading the chip otherwise you destroy the chip

Comment

W25Q128FV has a Vcc range of 2.7V - 3.6V

so 3v3 should be fine.

https://www.winbond.com/hq/product/c...rtNo=W25Q128FV

I am suspecting the use of an external adapter or conversion board should be carefully reviewed for the proper SMD to DIP translation. Do this before applying into the programmer to avoid permanent damage to the flash device.

Comment

You can better buy the new ch341a programmer. Like this one and use beo programmer software on it then you can flash every bios chip.

€ 16,66 13%OFF | 1Pcs CH341A Programmeur V1.7 1.8V Niveau Conversie W25Q64FW W25Q128FW GD25LQ64 Sop Pinboard 24,25,93,45,bga24 Ic Chip Flash Pcb
                              https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0LQXai

Regards

Comment

No I havent use an 1.8V adapter. I have polaced the IC in a 150mil SOP8 SOCKET and place the SOCKET in EZP2019+
                                I have tried in first 8 set and sencond 8 set (24/25/93) in EZP.

Can I update the readers protocoll database to read this IC?

Comment

Yes Mon you are right i thought it was 1.8v chip.

Comment

I have polaced the IC in a 150mil SOP8 SOCKET
                                    Post a pic of the socket with the IC and then also how you are seating into the programming tool.

We do not own this tool so learning from your pics and public postings.

We have built programming tools for similar devices and used the XMOS device which is like a FPGA controller. In short, after a few weeks, we could read/write/program the target Winbond devices in seconds using QSPI mode = Quad SPI mode. The technology is very mature and even a $1 USD micro can r/w/e such components. Guessing there is a simple fault somewhere.

Each flash device, as per industry spec, has a VENDOR and DEVICE ID inside the memory. Using the SPI interface, the programmer pings the memory to determine if it matches what the customer has selected in the s/w.

Can your software even read out the ID with your socket ? If not, there could be a seating issue of the adapter and the programmer tool.

Comment

I'm trying to read a winbond 25q256 jve chip using the EZP2019+ directly on the mother board of my laptop using the clips provided with the controler.

However, I struggle to get the clip connection right given the small size of the chip. A few times I got a chip detected by the programer but it didn't recognize the right chip model. When I forced the correct model in the programer's settings and tried to read the chip it said it was empty :-(

Would you have any clue on how to get this right? Would it be relevant to play with the "Size" and "Pagesize" settings? (I've tried reducing the Speed but it didn't make any difference). Or maybe the programer is simply not compatible with that chip (but it is listed in the list of its chips...)?

Thanks for any tips...

Comment

Originally posted by tim9 View Post
                                        I recently got EZP2019+

Thanks
                                        NOT CONNECT
                                        That's a driver problem.
                                        Drivers are included with the software.
                                        Go to Device Manager and look under USB
                                        Install the driver for the EZP2019 programmer.
                                        Problem solved.
                                        Last edited by piernov; 12-31-2022, 06:37 AM. Reason: translate

Comment

Working...
                                        X