Brimax T2030R 20" TV, standby LED on but can't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brimax T2030R 20" TV, standby LED on but can't turn on

I've started fixing this second TV I got in a lot with the big 37" Samsung (I've opened another thread).

It's a small 20" TV with an external 12V 4,16A power adapter. The back of the TV says 12V 5A. Also "made in EU".

Here's what it does: standby LED turns on when the adapter is plugged, but when I turn it on, it flashes the tellow LED and goes back to red. The backlight and image on TV is flashing when this happens, but the image is very dim.

I've checked voltage during this process by touching the TV PCB near the DC socket with my multimeter: 12V on standby, then after pressing power button it goes down to 5V, then to 11V, then back to 12V.

It could be really simple. The TV doesn't look like it was messed with. The power brick could be incompatible? 4,16A rated on brick vs. 5A on back of TV.

I need to fix this so I can get enough motivation for the big sister. Thanks in advance.

Re: Brimax T2030R 20" TV, standby LED on but can't turn on

Personally I would try to get hold of a 5A, 12V supply and check again. The power supply at 4.16A can supply 50 watts compared to 60 watts for the 5 Amp supply.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Personally I would try to get hold of a 5A, 12V supply and check again. The power supply at 4.16A can supply 50 watts compared to 60 watts for the 5 Amp supply.
      I bought a new 5A adapter and the TV works. At least I can sell it to cover up the initial cost of the two TVs. Thanks got your help!

Comment

Well done. Good result.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
        X