Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Α1466 (820-00165-A) fanspins!no video, no chime, no corrosion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Α1466 (820-00165-A) fanspins!no video, no chime, no corrosion.

recently they brought me this mac, and it turns on it does the reset and then works with full fan and no chime and no video also no sign of corrosion in the board, any idea?

Re: Α1466 (820-00165-A) fanspins!no video, no chime, no corrosion.

Using a genuine charger ? , done a PRAM reset ? .Have you gone through the list of power rails and checked all voltages ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Using a genuine charger ? , done a PRAM reset ? .Have you gone through the list of power rails and checked all voltages ?
      yes sir done allready, i also flashed new bios dump but it had the same result so i flashed again the original one.

Comment

We work on a1466 often. Go through the voltage checks.

Any physical damage to the screen?

What is the history of this unit as reported by the customer?

Just stopped working one day? If yes, could be a bad or shorted capacitor but only the voltage checks followed with resistance checks on each rail will assist in troubleshooting this box.

Post at the very least the major voltage rail values.

Comment

Originally posted by kosmo View Post
          yes sir done allready, i also flashed new bios dump but it had the same result so i flashed again the original one.
          You should mention in the first post what you have tried and what you havn`t we aren`t mind readers .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Okay, first of all, I'm gonna assume that you alread found schematics and boardview for this particular board.
            If I understood OK, if the board is connected to the charger, you have orange light when connected and fan is at full speed, no chime and no video.

In order to speed up troubleshooting, check whether you have PP3V3_S0 voltage. Inspect area around U8030 load switch. There are probe points very easily accesible, very near to the left of U8030. This switch creates PP3V3_S0 from PP3V3_S5.

If you don't have 3.3 S0 voltage, you should go back step by step and check which voltages are present, but I assume you don't have S0 voltage and have S3, S4 and S5 voltages. U8030 is on page 58 of schematics. If you have PP3V3_S5, check P3V3S0_EN.

All power rails are on page 62 of schematics.

Comment

hello there , thanks for all the responses, so when i plug in the charger i have green light and then it goes to orange, i also have a donor a1466 and i checked the lcd panel and i allready checked with different io cable, i also did a quick resistance check to the basic coils and everything is ok no resistance to ground only at cpu coils L7320 L7310 i have 15-20 ohm to ground, i measured all the power rails below :

PPBUS_G3H 8.56v
              PPBUS_S5_HS_COMPUTING_ISNS 8.55v
              PPBUS_S5_HS_OTHER_ISNS 8.55v
              PPDCIN_G3H_ISOL 14.94v
              PPDCIN_G3H 14.94v
              PP3V42_G3H 3.41v
              PPVRTC_G3H 3.31v
              PP5V_S5 5.08v
              PP5V_S4RS3 5.08v
              PP5V_S0 5.08v
              PP3V3_S5 3.31v
              PP3V3_S4 3.31v
              PP3V3_SUS 3.31v
              PP3V3_S3 3.31v
              PP3V3_S0 3.31v
              PP3V3_S4SW_SNS 3.31v
              PP3V3_S0SW_SSD 3.32v
              PP3V3_S4_TBTAPWR 3.31v
              PP1V8_S3 1.78v
              PP1V2_S3 1.19v
              PP1V05_SUS 1.04v
              PP1V5_S0 1.49v
              PP0V6_S0_DDRVTT 0.59v
              PP1V05_S0 1.04v
              PP1V05_S0SW_PCH_HSIO 1.03v
              PPHV_S0SW_LCDBKLT 0v
              PP15V_TBT 0v
              PP3V3_TBTLC 3.30v
              PP1V05_TBTCIO 0.98v
              PPVCC_S0_CPU 1.79v
              Last edited by kosmo; 03-10-2021, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                You should mention in the first post what you have tried and what you havn`t we aren`t mind readers .
                you are right, im sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kosmo View Post
                  you are right, im sorry about that.
                  i just noticed blown F7700, i replaced and checked with my donor panel still nothing, customer said lcd was flickering and for days and suddenly black screen, then it give the macbook to 2 different service stores, after that she brought it to me i also noticed that someone did rework on cpu it has flux around it and the protective black film burned.
                  Last edited by kosmo; 03-10-2021, 03:55 AM.

Comment

so i figured out that , from begining the problem was on lcd panel and F7700 fuse, then the guy that reworked the cpu damaged it, and the mac stopped working.

Comment

I think this will be a life sucker of a repair job.

May be more practical to locate another logic board of the same model and part # to repair and replace and apply the original ssd and move on.

This logic board is not too expensive. Often you can get lucky on eBay. I know that we picked up a non working same logic board for around $60 and got it working within minutes.

To replace the CPU will require a quality bga rework station. For example the ZM R7220A or R720A ( my personal choice ) but they are quite expensive. Trying to work with the manufacturer for an affordable cost for the same. But in the end you still do not know what the previous amateurs hacked up on their repair efforts.

Comment

Working...
                      X