Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP Spectre 13.3" 13-V LA-D402P Screen Intel GPU Issues Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Spectre 13.3" 13-V LA-D402P Screen Intel GPU Issues Any Ideas?

Video of the problem:
    https://youtu.be/vllNOhQ8-10

Has anyone seen same similar problem as pictured below. This is an HP Spectre 13-V106TU Board Model: LA-D402P It has Intel HD Graphics. All of a sudden this problem started. Problem is not present when you are at the BIOS, Boot Menu or run programs off the DOS bootable mediums. Any GPU activity kicking in and using the Intel HD i believe (just a suggestion) this result happens. It has 8GB on board, MemTEST for 60% showed all good. I don't have another LCD to test, but I don't think it's the LCD as the behaviour of for example Linux Kali and Ubuntu live, both reboot/halt during the load process including any bootable WinPE environments. Internal SSD bootable WIndows 10, you can see spinning circles for few seconds before it actually starts to load Windows, same result happens. External screen, I have attempted to use Type-C to HDMI - 3 adapters, none of them can get external screen going at all any stages of the process. I have done Emergency BIOS recovery by holding Win+B and updated latest F47 version successfully, same result. Legacy and UEFI boot options same result with WinPE and Linux. Previously original battery installed by 3rd party company.

It actually freezes from my inspections so far. For example External keyboard with numlock caps lock would work in bios or boot menu etc as soon as windows loads after 2 seconds of spinning screen becomes like that. So plugging USBs for example doesn't make inserted eject sounds like in windows.

Bios is fine
    Boot menu is fine it can stay as long as needed
    Did full memtest with the memtest pro which has GUI but all in dios mode, it works fine.I suspect GPU but never seen Intel GPU fail like this could be just a bad cap somewhere and it's being powered not sure
    Attached Files

Re: HP Spectre 13.3" 13-V LA-D402P Screen Intel GPU Issues Any Ideas?

I have updated voltages and resistance readings.
    To me they all look good and as a user mentioned, it could be the bad memory module and asked me to reflow which I don't want to yet.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Spectre 13.3" 13-V LA-D402P Screen Intel GPU Issues Any Ideas?

it is ok. RAM voltage for DDR4. reflow ram

Comment

Working...
      X