Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips QFU2.1 Substitute

Hi Folks.

So I still have my stupid Philips TV sitting around. Is there any other mainboard from another model that would work in qfu2.1ela chassis? There are absolutely no boards available and replacements would fail after some time. And if you are lucky to find a "supposed to be working" board they will trade like collectibles. Overshooting the actual value of the TV. What a piece of sh*t that tv is.

It is a 47PDL6907K/12 to be exact.
    It doesn't have to be pretty since it would be for personal use. It will go straight to the dumpster after smashing it with a hammer if there is no substitute board. I'm sick of this thing.

Re: Philips QFU2.1 Substitute

What's wrong with it?
    Do you get a layer-1 code blinking on the power-LED after a few minutes?
    Have you shorted SDM to get a layer-2 code as well (it still takes minutes for it to appear)?

Here is a link to your service manual:
    https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...ileinfo/22399/

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
      What's wrong with it?
      Do you get a layer-1 code blinking on the power-LED after a few minutes?
      Have you shorted SDM to get a layer-2 code as well (it still takes minutes for it to appear)?

Here is a link to your service manual:
      https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...ileinfo/22399/
      The board had the typical 53 code in SDM mode. Serial port was dead, no output.
      The board has ripped pads under the main bga due to thermal expansion. There was a gigantic thermal pad underneath the board where the cpu sits which bent the board and ripped some pads off the cpu. Non repairable.

Comment

Bad design and a philips, as much as I like saving things from the landfill, I'd toss it.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-30-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Bad design and a philips, as much as I like saving things from the landfill, I'd toss it.
          True. I saved it from the dumpster in hopes to fix it but that won't happen I guess. Too bad Philips patented their Ambilight. It is really beautiful. And the design of this tv is really appealing. The whole front is covered in thick glass without any plastic.

But that won't change the truth about their bad design/planned obsolescence.
          Maybe I'll part it out and sell components from it.

Comment

Unless maybe you can find a another board and put a big ceramic heatsink on the bga or a fan solution to keep it cool and stop the overheating.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Unless maybe you can find a another board and put a big ceramic heatsink on the bga or a fan solution to keep it cool and stop the overheating.
              That is exactly what I planned to do but there's a catch. Working boards are really rare. I couldn't find a single board or tv with broken panel. And if you are lucky to find one the seller demands up to 250€ for it. The tv is close to 8 years old. Not worth it.

Comment

Philips used LCD Panel which could be used at several Brand. this why Philips produce TVs with standard Model size such 40,43,47,etc. post all sticker on yours Panel let find other brand used the same panel--- so you start (do it your self ) other brand TV. by the way the PWB & T-Con could be remain in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  Philips used LCD Panel which could be used at several Brand. this why Philips produce TVs with standard Model size such 40,43,47,etc. post all sticker on yours Panel let find other brand used the same panel--- so you start (do it your self ) other brand TV. by the way the PWB & T-Con could be remain in use.
                  Hi Diah
                  We were talking before about the mainboard swap, do you remember? Well the seller tried to scam me so I'm out of options now.

Anyways.. I know that the panels are more or less universal and I think it was an LG one. I'll post photos of all stickers.

I don't care if the TV ends up with a Sony or LG board. It just has to work.
                  Only sad thing is that I will loose Ambilight. But oh well.. Couldn't care less.

Thank you so much for your help!
                  Stickers are attached.
                  As you can see it already collected a ton of dust
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by KvnTM; 12-01-2019, 05:50 AM.

Comment

well from the 2 T-Con socket and the specification of your Original TV its sound to me Toshiba TL series, not sure if they have 47 or just 46 , but sure there are 55 and 40.. (TL868 they used with it 3 brand Panel A C K. ) . ( Vestel can share too .. but need more inspect to know which model support 3D) MB. also the LG LA 47 series had same socket... i will update here when i found more.

Comment

well from the 2 T-Con socket and the specification of your Original TV its sound to me Toshiba TL series, not sure if they have 47 or just 46 , but sure there are 55 and 40.. (TL868 they used with it 3 brand Panel A C K. ) . ( Vestel can share too .. but need more inspect to know which model support 3D) MB. also the LG LA 47 series had same socket... i will update here when i found more.
                      That would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
                        That would be great!
                        i found one working Main boards belong to Toshiba TL868 with IR LED section.., it function only when the PWB support the following
                        Standby 5 V.
                        12 V for sub system
                        24V for sound section
                        24V for LNB section.

out put pins from MB as standard
                        Power ON
                        AC_detect
                        BL_ON
                        -----------------
                        you need to report yours PWB Volts reading or the label of volts listed on it to be sure the fun can be start to test.

Comment

i found one working Main boards belong to Toshiba TL868 with IR LED section.., it function only when the PWB support the following
                          Standby 5 V.
                          12 V for sub system
                          24V for sound section
                          24V for LNB section.

out put pins from MB as standard
                          Power ON
                          AC_detect
                          BL_ON
                          -----------------
                          you need to report yours PWB Volts reading or the label of volts listed on it to be sure the fun can be start to test.
                          I'll attach the service manual for my psu.

Do you want me to power the psu and measure all rails?
                          Is there any other way to contact you? I see you're also from Germany
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KvnTM; 12-02-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

hmmm sadly doesn't match with TL i will pm you

Comment

Working...
                            X