Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

Hi ppl!!

Searching the forum i findout that isent any monitor of that model here yet, but i'm about to change it,

2 days ago when i was turning my pc on i got this "2 sec to blanck" on my 2233RZ

i opened it and made a visual inspect on the power supply, no capacitors were visible demaged, so i went to test the Inverter transformer and those are the readings:

P1 = OL
    P2 to P3 = 0.2ohms
    P4 = OL

S1 to S2 = starts with 1090 and then settles on 960ohms
    S3 to S4 = OL

so, since one of the secondaries is not giving me any readings i assume that is a tranformer problem.

i bought an TM-0915 inverter but it will take 20 days to arive here

i will provide pictures as soon i arive home.

Re: Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

That is PROBABLY an open secondary, but it is reassuring to know what range you set the on DMM.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by memebr View Post
      S1 to S2 = starts with 1090 and then settles on 960ohms
      S3 to S4 = OL

so, since one of the secondaries is not giving me any readings i assume that is a tranformer problem.
      Yes, that is correct.

I will guess that your multimeter is an autorange multimeter since it displays 0L. Manual range meters tend to display "1" on the left hand side to denote out of range.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        Yes, that is correct.

I will guess that your multimeter is an autorange multimeter since it displays 0L. Manual range meters tend to display "1" on the left hand side to denote out of range.
        its an Manual Range Multimeter it displays "1" on the left when the probes arent touching anything or when it dont have any measure, i posted "0L" cause i'm used to put 0L when things dont have any measure value....

i use OL cause its easier than type Out of Limit or Open to All

btw the multimeter was settle on the 2K scale. (wish i presume is the right one)

Comment

i use OL cause its easier than type Out of Limit or Open to All
          I am glad you clarified that. Most people don't understand the meaning of "1" on the left hand side of the multimeter.

btw the multimeter was settle on the 2K scale. (wish i presume is the right one)
          Yes. Desolder the bad transformer and verify out of circuit that it is open.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thanks for ya help retiredcaps

i will desolder the transformer tomorow and measure it again out of the board

btw, i'm a certified Electronics Technician here in Brazil, but i dont do it for living, so i understand a lil on this and that, and i have all the equip i need, cause i'm a hobyst on the robotcs field.

will post pictures of the board as you guys like and the valued of the new measures tomorow.

Comment

as promised here are the pictures...

Measured again just to be sure, the S3 to S4 is totaly dead, not a single resistence signal on the multimeter, well i've purchased a new one from ebay, from a chinese seller, it will take 30 days to get in here, so i will be for more 28 days without my gamming monitor.

and i also have a fun fact to tell you guys, 1 day after i created my acount on this forum to solve the problem with my 2233RZ my other monitor just died too, he he, i have to laugh to not cry. its an samsung T27A550 LED monitor, i will open an topic to it, since i dont have any clue on how to fix it. (and this dumb fella here dont bought the warranty )
              Attached Files

Comment

its an samsung T27A550 LED monitor, (and this dumb fella here dont bought the warranty )
                Hi - Before you rip it apart ,have you explored the samsung warranty situation - Its a newish item and I believe in the uk the warranty on monitors is 2 years. This is standard warranty you dont have to buy it.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

i'm in Brazil

The monitor were bought in the USA 2 months ago, so it dont have any warranty on Brazilian soil

to ship it back to the USA is 200,00 bucks, i paid 299,00 bucks for the monitor and did not paid any taxes on it since it costs below 500,00 dollars and i was bringing it as bagage... if i buy a new one it will cost me 120,00 UPSP shipment + 299,00 + 60% of Brazilian taxes + 13% of my state taxes, total = 757,52 dollars. (anything that is posted trought mail will be taxed as a new item, even if it is used)

same thing if i sent it to the USA to use my warranty...

200,00 to send it + 120 to have it back + 60% of brazilian taxes (including the price of the monitor on it wish is 299,00) + 13% of my state taxes, total = 1119,15 dollars........ a lil to expensive to use that warranty, dont you think???

btw, welcome to brazil life mate.
                  Last edited by memebr; 03-02-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Tough Eh! I knew you were in Brazil but not the rest. We have had a few members who have taken a monitor apart replaced caps then discovered it it still didnt work but was under warranty. They then put the old caps back and
                    made a claim. It had to be worth asking. Samsung now have an International warranty but only seems to apply to laptops.
                    If it were me I'd still give Samsung customer care in Brazil a call a set breaking down after 2 months is a disgrace.
                    I look forward to seeing the inside. Though hopefully it will just be a fuse.
                    Last edited by selldoor; 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM.
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

its an samsung T27A550 LED monitor, i will open an topic to it,
                      Start a new thread for this monitor so members don't get confused.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

As requested by the member retiredcaps, i de-soldered the transformer of the circuit board and measured it

here are what I've found:

P1 OL (as it should be)
                        P2 to P3 = 1.2 Ohms
                        P4 OL (as it should be)

S1 to S2 = 910 Ohms
                        S3 to S4 = 2750 Ohms
                        (the multimeter was adjusted to the more accurate range)

due the difference greater then 3% i can guess this transformer went to the electronics heaven.

and also a picture attached of the bad transformer.

thank you guys for your patience.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by memebr; 03-03-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

S1 to S2 = 910 Ohms
                          S3 to S4 = 2750 Ohms

due the 3% difference i can guess this transformer went to the electronics heaven.
                          Definitely bad. A replacement can be found on ebay. $12 + $5 shipping from Hong Kong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150752798017
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

already bought it last week from this exact same seller. just posted the out of circuit values to help other ppl that might have the same problem as me.

as soon as it arrive here and i put it in place on the boarder i will let you guys know what is going on.

Comment

already bought it last week from this exact same seller. just posted the out of circuit values to help other ppl that might have the same problem as me.

as soon as it arrive here and i put it in place on the boarder i will let you guys know what is going on.
                              Hi,

have you received already new transformer? I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung 2233RZ :-). When I turn on the monitor, backlight turns on and after 2 seconds it goes down.

I measured the resistance between S1, S2 and S3, S4. I got this results:

S1 to S2: 880 Ohms
                              S3 to S4: 1070 Ohms

I am not sure, is it big difference or not? Could be transformer bad?

Thanks,
                              Pavel

Comment

Originally posted by frantamrkva View Post
                                I measured the resistance between S1, S2 and S3, S4. I got this results:

S1 to S2: 880 Ohms
                                S3 to S4: 1070 Ohms

I am not sure, is it big difference or not? Could be transformer bad?
                                PlainBill came up with a 3% recommendation.

880 x 1.03 = 906.4
                                1070 x 0.97 = 1037.9

So yes, the transfromer is bad.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

well, I received the new inverter transformer today, just made the change a few minutes ago and the monitor is back to life!

thank you guys for all the support.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it up and running....
                                    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                                    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Hi All
                                      I got the same problem and i need a new part but i noticed a dead give away that the transformer is to blame, if you get excessive discolouration on the pcb around the connections of the primary coil (also near the jumper wires), its a good guess that the transformer is to blame.
                                      The component on the back with the missing leg is a dual FET which tells me this is a resonance circuit. I noticed all the messages regarding what the coils resistance is but nothing on what it should be so i checked with some people and found that:
                                      1: both secondaries should have about the same resistance
                                      2: the secondary coils should have a resistance of around 1000 ohms
                                      Could anyone confirm this with a working or new coil?

thanks

BazzUK

Comment

As requested by the member retiredcaps, i de-soldered the transformer of the circuit board and measured it

here are what I've found:

P1 OL (as it should be)
                                        P2 to P3 = 1.2 Ohms
                                        P4 OL (as it should be)

S1 to S2 = 910 Ohms
                                        S3 to S4 = 2750 Ohms
                                        I'm electronic noob with same problem. I removed the transformer after reading this thread, since the capacitors look good. I can't understand how/where to measure resistances. What is P1/S1/P2/S2?

I see a total of 10 pins on the back of the transormer, exactly as in previous post's attached image:

Could you please "bind" P/S labels to the image, so that i can measure resistances and report back ? Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                        X