Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 310-10ICR won't turn on !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 310-10ICR won't turn on !

Hi guys,

I have an issue with Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 310-10ICR 80SG (M1029CWP) that won't turn on. The problem happened after I removed the battery and shorted its connection on the motherboard in order to drain residual voltage.

Now, when I plug the charger the LED starts "red" and goes to "solid amber" after 3 or 5 seconds even though the battery is not charged yet.

I opened it and checked the voltage. I have 1.8v on the BIOS pin after pressing the power button.
    I checked for short to ground but nothing.
    I flashed a new version of the bios using a programmer, but still nothing.

the odd thing is that there is continuity between the two sides of a tiny capacitor near the PMIC but no short to ground. I desoldered and tested the Capacitor and found it good. Please refer to attached photo.

Could you please help me?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 310-10ICR won't turn on !

hi naonao,
    continuity you're measuring is maybe due to pcb traces return. You may have to take a look to schematic or to pmic datasheets at least.

Comment

continuity of 0 ohm? maybe there's a shorted cap.
      Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Moustique View Post
        hi naonao,
        continuity you're measuring is maybe due to pcb traces return. You may have to take a look to schematic or to pmic datasheets at least.
        Thank you.
        I am considering replacing the PMIC and see what it will give when I get one AXP288C.

Comment

Did you already solved the problem?
          I measured the path resistance on those pads( from your picture) and there is NOT any continuity to ground ( on my tablet)

Comment

Working...
          X