Sony KDL-60R510A - Bad tcon or panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-60R510A - Bad tcon or panel

Was originally getting the Sony logo with this washy fading in and out. now it just powers on to this. https://youtu.be/qIkFKpy8JAM
    Sorry in advance about the rotate issue.

Re: Sony KDL-60R510A - Bad tcon or panel

Here are also pictures of the boards.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bump
      Any assistance would be welcome in testing tcon i have searched and cannot find testpoints or pinouts.

Comment

Try powering up tv with one ribbon cable unplugged from tcon to panel, see what you get on display then plug it back in and try it with the other side unplugged, good policy to make all connect and un-connects with tv unplugged from power so you don't get any unwanted surges.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I ordered another T-Con board. And now I'm getting video (sort of) with the old board and new boardS.
          Attached Files

Comment

SOLVED: TV was trashed. A ribbon cable that connected boards on the lcd panel itself had a burn mark in it as well at where that board attached to the lcd ribbon flex cable had trace damage that couldn't be repaired without specialty equipment.

Comment

Ok, yep your pictures look just like many others with that kind of damage.

Comment

Working...
              X