GORDAK 952 Rework soldering station problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GORDAK 952 Rework soldering station problems

I was able to borrow the exact model soldering station that works and I tested it. With my friends board inserted into my Gordak, it started up fine and when I put my board in his the same problem shows up. So the problem is with my board, I will have to take readings of both to determine what the fault is with my board.

Comment

I replaced both T5 & T6 both are 12v voltage regulator transistors and it is working as before.

Comment

i wonder why they died?
        maybe c11 is bad and they got unsmoothed power!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          i wonder why they died?
          maybe c11 is bad and they got unsmoothed power!
          I will check it. Also the burned area of the board around the 2 18k resistors, could it have gotten burned because we elongated the hose? The standard hose is very short around 70cm and my friend had made it longer by using another hose from a failed Gordak? Or is it because R35 or R36 one of them is 52K and other is 56.6K they are both supposed to be 51K +-5% ? Also the 18K resistors I could not find locally, even used ones from other technicians' junk pile. How many watts are they? When I measure them they are working and measure 18.46K and 18.5K even though their cover has burned off .
          Last edited by SuperAman; 02-03-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

they got hot because they are under-rated and too close to the board.
            if it was mine i would buy larger resistors and put them on ceramic spacers so air can pass around them.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              they got hot because they are under-rated and too close to the board.
              if it was mine i would buy larger resistors and put them on ceramic spacers so air can pass around them.
              Ok thanks. I can't find 18k ohms here so can I use 25K ohms 2watt or 3watt resistors? Also can I use the rectangular 3watt resistors?

Comment

you could probably use a single 10k 5w or 7w resistor if you can safely mount it.

Comment

Originally posted by superaman View Post
                  hey send me image from inside view of the circuit .. I mean components view.

Comment

I bought a new model of this soldering / rework station. It has a different PCB layout. My heat gun is not heating up anymore and after having a look, microcontroller pin 5 is shorting to ground.

Is there a way to know which microcontroller is used in the system and if possible back up the firmware?

Comment

not without pictures

Comment

Ok Ladies And Gents.. i own an original Gordak 952 i bought new off Ebay.

had it about a month and overheated the handle with not enough air and it melted and shorted the triac and a few caps and such on the board... so i had to take the unit apart to repair the board and replace the handle. i seen this post and grabbed the board i haven't installed as of yet (life things happening)

So THIS is "THE " Original Board" from a Gordak 952. the schematic on the new is as close as your gonna get... it helped me fix the board i have included 2 photos of my board for reference for anyone needing to identify components

Good Luck With Your repairs.

Daniel.
                        VoicesFYC.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X