Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you recognize this chip?

Hi Everybody.
    I have a self-darkening visor/shield from a 3m Speedglas 9100XX Adflo Welding Helmet with 1 component reporting short on the circuit board. I can't find any data on this component - see the picture.

Can anybody kick me in the right direction? PLEASE!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AllElectronicsRepairs; 05-13-2022, 08:49 PM.

Re: Can you recognize this chip?

This device is extremely difficult to repair in the past I have tried to repair them if it is not an issue with the solar panel wiring or a capacitor being bad or something similar like a resistor open

The ic devices a lot times are very difficult to find a data sheet for this has been my personal experience I wish I could be more help than this

The basic primary function of these devices is that they take a LCD display and make it blank the screen to black when it see inferred wave link and have a sensitive adjustment that the user can adjust

The testing that I can recommend is to check the solar panel the wiring from the solar panel to the board and the capacitors and resistors and transistors that they are functioning correctly

The ic chip that you are referring to is probably the LCD controller that is used to make the screen go blank the screen black so if you can find data sheet has this function in it description this would point you in the right direction

It is also possible that the LCD is bad because the the normal failure is that the screen will not go black it just allows all the light to go through if you point the solar panel to the sun it should depending on the adjustment should turn the screen blank to black if the screen is always black and you have the solar panel completely shielded from the sun it should turn clear ( if it is black then the failure is probably the LCD screen ) and you should be able to see through it

I hope this helps you
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-14-2022, 01:45 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Can you recognize this chip?

so whats printed on the chip?

Comment

Working...
      X