Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: philips 65PUS6162/05 dead no sby led

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    are there any tiny fuses on the mainboard to check out?
    yep checked those

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      are you saying now if you just plug the PSU in wall socket with out main board plugged in.. PFC boosted and you have 12V on the socket and the main cap +380V???

so what will u9301 of power saving will do ?? did you checked all 3 Opto are fine no one of them are shorted?
      no.
      if now just plug the PSU in wall without main board
      we get 12v ok
      and no pcf boost volts just 330v.
      when main board connected the boost voltage returns to 380v
      i have checked the 3 opto and their components
      as you can see in this jpg
      there are no components fitted for 5v supply on psu so u9301 does not exist on this version of the psu
      Attached Files

Comment

one things more from my side... yours Tv not Android system.. if it was Android then 12V should be active to start as hot start. also i am afraid the owner exchange PSU with wrong model. as i know Native Linux we do have eeprom which need STB. so i suggest you follow the wires of 5V on the mainboards sockets are they connected to circuit or not !!

Comment

EDIT: or you can feed the MB as stand alone ( no PSU ) with 3.5-5V 1A at the 5V pins on the sockets, check front STB LED come on... and put the DM on wires PS_ON ref to - external power if there 3.5V after you press power.. if this was successful mean our judgment on PSU was correct.

Comment

is there any way to check if main board is the wrong one from the white paper label on the board?
            as there are no part numbers in the service manual?
            i will try to follow the cct on mainboard and get back to you thanks

Comment

ive had a good close look at main board and the 2 pins for 5v are not connected to anywhere
              just as the same 2 pins on the psu not connected.
              ive had a word with the original owner who says nobody tried to repair tv due to its size he couldnt even get a repair man to call out to look at it .he says it worked fine then just went dead
              also i entered the tv model number in google to find a psu ,
              so i could look at it to compare
              there is one exactly the same with picture of it i can now confirm it is the same

your suggestion to run the MB with external 3,5-5v wont work because the MB
              pins are not connected to anything

Comment

from what i can see there are only 3 things that can control the psu state:
                dim
                ps/on
                on/off
                the remote reciever small pcb has 3.3v feed ok .
                on one of the pins when remote button is pressed the voltage drops to 2.9v
                this tells me that the remote reciever is ok

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  There wouldn't be any change if you let it cool down. 200c isn't hot enough to melt anything and cooled down, any expansion has gone.
                  what temp would you recommend when attempting a reflow ?
                  and for how long approx?

Comment

it's a mystery, guess one option is to get a powerboard from someone with a generous return policy, if it don't work then you probably won't be out much if you need to return it, maybe just a small fee plus shipping? I might try it with some of my crap, or might just switch to fishing.

Comment

powerboards can be a real bich, have failed on my last 2 board repair attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        it's a mystery, guess one option is to get a powerboard from someone with a generous return policy, if it don't work then you probably won't be out much if you need to return it, maybe just a small fee plus shipping? I might try it with some of my crap, or might just switch to fishing.
                        hope you have better luck fishing than i do with repairs

Comment

Originally posted by jimbofz View Post
                          from what i can see there are only 3 things that can control the psu state:
                          dim
                          ps/on
                          on/off
                          the remote reciever small pcb has 3.3v feed ok .
                          on one of the pins when remote button is pressed the voltage drops to 2.9v
                          this tells me that the remote reciever is ok
                          from yours confirmation above... and you have PS_on. then could be MB at half boot... did you messure any USB post had 5V? did the optical audio port lit red?
                          if one above are correct... i would suggust you to start with firmware downgrade
                          with upgrade_loader 17.june.2019

Comment

interesting .ive never heard of half boot
                            the opto port is not lit but does have 5v on it
                            usb1(blue)has 3.3v on it
                            usb2 has no voltage on it

the first cct i found was tmp17,7 e ly which is similar
                            .but i later found the correct cct tmp 17.9 cct

(in my post number 10)
                            is the loader you kindly posted the same for 17.9?
                            Last edited by jimbofz; 06-06-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

what temp would you recommend when attempting a reflow ?
                              and for how long approx?
                              Your words suggested just getting some heat in to see if there was a BGA issue, 200c is about right but you turn on whilst it's still hot, the heat causing expansion, hopefully making a temporary connection with any cracked joints.

Comment

(in my post number 10)
                                is the loader you kindly posted the same for 17.9?
                                PUS6162 are 2017 serie with chassis TPM177E , the firmware i lnked for you are for this chassis for downgrade thanks to Toengel Philips archive firmware.
                                Last edited by Diah; 06-06-2022, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  Your words suggested just getting some heat in to see if there was a BGA issue, 200c is about right but you turn on whilst it's still hot, the heat causing expansion, hopefully making a temporary connection with any cracked joints.
                                  ok i now understand thanks for reply

Comment

PUS6162 are 2017 serie with chassis TPM177E , the firm ware i lnked for you are for this chassis for downgrade thanks to Toengel Philips archive firmware.
                                    thanks Diah
                                    i will try downgrade as suggested

Comment

try heating that bga again, its the easiest test, then go with the firmware if no change.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-06-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

PUS6162 are 2017 serie with chassis TPM177E , the firmware i lnked for you are for this chassis for downgrade thanks to Toengel Philips archive firmware.
                                        i downloaded thr file ,extracted and loaded to clean usb stick plugged into blue usb1 skt then applied mains waited 25 mins .
                                        i have no was of seeing if upgrade has taken place
                                        switched off waited then removed usb stick .then applied mains
                                        sadly no change

Comment

i downloaded thr file ,extracted and loaded to clean usb stick plugged into blue usb1 skt then applied mains waited 25 mins .
                                          i have no was of seeing if upgrade has taken place
                                          switched off waited then removed usb stick .then applied mains
                                          sadly no change
                                          at this case need more test on MB. you wrote USB1 was 3.3V which are low... however Audio OPTIC had 5V normal.. i would do the following and consider on the optic if lit or USB 1 become high 5V
                                          a- panel complete disconnect from T-CON ( by disconnect ribbon )
                                          b- messure 12V on T-CON
                                          c- remove WIFI module from TV. or bluetooth . check if USB1 come high 5V
                                          d- check after warm parts after you turn on the tv on MB..

Comment

Working...
                                          X