Auto engine management ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto engine management ecu

JUST A QUICK QUESTION IS THERE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM AMONGST THE VERY INTELLIGENT MEMBERS ABOUT ECU REPAIRS FAULTS ETC ENGINE MANAGEMENT THAT IS,OR COULD ANYONE POINT ME TOWARDS ONE.MANY THANKS PAUL

Re: Auto engine management ecu

will be dependant on the unit

Comment

we can also fix keyboards with stuck shift keys.

Comment

Originally posted by r40pmd View Post
        JUST A QUICK QUESTION IS THERE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM AMONGST THE VERY INTELLIGENT MEMBERS ABOUT ECU REPAIRS FAULTS ETC ENGINE MANAGEMENT THAT IS,OR COULD ANYONE POINT ME TOWARDS ONE.MANY THANKS PAUL
        Are you sure it's a fault in the ECU and not an error code being THROWN by the ECU (e.g., a faulty sensor/actuator detected BY the ECU)? I.e., what symptoms are you chasing? (magic smoke leaking out of one of the controllers would suggest a fault in the controller; most other problems are typically the controller referencing something ELSE that is "wrong")

Make/model??

Comment

I have done quite well from offering repair services for these in the past, depends a lot on make / model and fault details though, most of the faulty units that have come my way for repair oddly enough down to leaking electrolytic's and corroded pcb's.

Comment

Honda OBD1 units by any chance??

Comment

Yes I have had quite a few of those come through for repair.

Comment

I've done two.
                A 1998 Suburban. Bad caps, no leaks, electrically leaky and dropped in value. Still trying to get paid for that one.

A 1996 SaaB ECU. Bad solder...
                Last edited by goontron; 02-02-2018, 09:28 PM.
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by r40pmd View Post
                  We are positively inconvenienced by a question of such generality as yours. If you have a particular vehicle, or a particular fault your are tracing, perhaps there could be some intelligent suggestions.

An ECU is just a small computer, tailored to monitor a number of sensor inputs and respond accordingly. Do not fix that which is not broken.
                  Is it plugged in?

Comment

Working...
                  X