Marantz Tuner issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marantz Tuner issues

Marantz sr4320 has a peculiar issue. I just recently got an FM antenna for this, a Terk FM amplified FM tower. When I'm listening to my favorite station (106.1) it will start to get fuzzy like and then get a humm and the humm might last longer than my patience or it might then just go to total silence. No other stations in the lower bandwidth are affected (90.5, 101.7, 94.9,) but the upper channel I get will have the hum (107.5) If I turn the receiver off and then back on again it is instantly gone but comes back after 10-60 seconds (if it does come back, sometimes it is just fine after I power cycle). I verified with a handheld radio that it is not a "broadcast" signal interference as far as I can tell, meaning that when the receiver goes wacky the portable radio stays steady. No manner of fussing with the Terk antenna does anything to help.

Just now it cut out completely so I switched to 90.5 and listened to a few songs and then went back to 106.1 and it was fine again...is my tuner going bad or maybe something else on the same circuit causing interference or something?

Re: Marantz Tuner issues

Unlikely that you would have power supply hum on one higher station but none on any lower stations. Does your unit have the hum problem with a simple FM dipole? I'd say the next troubleshooting step is to short the receiver antenna terminals and see if there is any hum when tuned to your upper station. Compare with lower end of the band. In other words, check for RF interference combined with a weak signal strength. Does orientation of the receiver change the symptom? Try to narrow it down to signal strength, mono/stereo modes, possible interference from nearby transmitters, as well as a possible problem with the amplified antenna. These things are not all that they claim. This is an odd problem description.
    Is it plugged in?

Comment

Try putting that amplified antenna to a different receiver?

Comment

try a regular antenna

Comment

Take the receiver to another location and try it, It could be something in your area interfering.

Comment

Working...
          X