Uniden Bearcat BC 760XLT scanner no audio repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniden Bearcat BC 760XLT scanner no audio repair

Got today two Uniden BC 760XLT vintage scanners in for repair.
    Complaint: extremely weak / no audio.

IC5 TDA1905 is the audio IC. Replace 4 electrolytic capacitors that are in a row next to the audio IC. See picture. When you are at it, change the capacitor for the 8V (7808) as well.

Easy Saturday evening fix. Time for more
    Attached Files

Re: Uniden Bearcat BC 760XLT scanner no audio repair

don't cha love ezpz repairs with schematics...

Comment

I agree eccerr0r. Was a perfect Saturday evening repair after a hard week at work. Not complicated, straight forward and schematics to boot. It’s nice to catch a break like that once in a while. Lately it has been everything else but RF and audio to fix.

Comment

you ever see the backlight fail?

i had a light like that on my tuner fail once - replaced it with one intended for a vcr deck.

cant do that now, so i'd have to find another way - maybe an led of some type and a defuser.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          you ever see the backlight fail?

i had a light like that on my tuner fail once - replaced it with one intended for a vcr deck.

cant do that now, so i'd have to find another way - maybe an led of some type and a defuser.
          Yes, I did. It's just a small bulb. If it would be mine, I'd convert it over to LED. There are some diffused, milky square (cube style) LED's that I use for something like this. They diffuse really well behind displays. Got those from Digi-Key a while back. Then I use a LED driver like an NSI45020 or an AL5809.
          Last edited by CapLeaker; 05-15-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X