This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm Santiago a 23 year old electronic technician and system administrator from buenos aires argentina.
    Recently I bought a brand new one atx psu from usa and came in 110v rate and my country had 220v... guess what? haha
    I read a lot of valuable information here but it's time to try to get help and leave knowledge to help other people since seems its null the information in the internet about this psu.
    It's a great community for the little time in it!

Greeting,
    Santiago.

Comment

Hello, my name is John and I am new to this. I own and operate a television repair shop in El Dorado, Ar. I have been in this business for 40 years(wow!) and along with the many years of experience I have an Associates degree in electronics technology and an Associates degree in Industrial Electronics and had previously obtained a CCNA but did not renew.

Comment

Hey Call.
        I Hail from Shelly Beach, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa.
        Suck at SMPS repairs so maybe this will help out a bit..

Comment

Hello:
          My name is Ed and as my username implies, I am an active ham radio geek.
          I've used this site in the past to get information about various items that I was trying to repair.
          It is a great resource and I thank those who make this site what it is.

Ed

Comment

thank you for the welcome and instructions for your site

Comment

My name is vizio54 and this is all new to me i've only used a forum once and that was for help with my leg amutation.
              I enjoy fixing computers and have been doing it for a couple of years and now i want to expand to more technical repairs (tv's). I have always enjoyed this field.

Thanks
              Last edited by vizio54; 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM. Reason: delete post didn't mean to copy origional

Comment

Hello,

I have a problem with my old National power and seek a similar case. Thank you for the opportunity to read your posts and attachments.

Comment

Hi, I am from Illinois and just graduated high school. I like working with electronics and have built my own color organ and tessla coil. However I do not know much about how all of the pieces work and would like to learn. Currently I am trying to repair a vizio vw37l.

Comment

New member with a samsung tv issue, hopefully yall can help with that. thanks

Comment

Hi I am Chris a 32 year old technician in Atlanta, Georgia. I have come across your site quite a few times while looking up tips on some repairs. Thought I might finally become active to pay back all the times your forum has help,me out in a jam.

Comment

Hello,

If found this forum a little while back to try and troubleshoot a monitor I've had issues with. So far it's been a wealth of good info.

A bit about me... pretty much a self-taught tech, A+ certified in 2010. I had a job with Amazon.com for about 2.5 years doing Kindle and ended with AmazonWireless cell phone sales. I'm also a hardcore gamer that went more or less casual. I blame my time at Amazon for that one but now I have an interest in digital art so who knows! Might be an artist someday.

So that's me in a nutshell. Not much to me.

Comment

i am in the electronic job since1988,started in the secondary school worked in little workshop repairing television sets,audiotape recorders,radio,etc.then worked on fixing pc

Comment

i started since 1988 fixing electronic sets and lately started in repairing computers.i like to learn more .

Comment

Hello my name is Bryan, I'm in my late 40's an I.T. troubleshooter. I'm a D.I.Y. I own an ASUS C90S that is pretty much end user friendly and let's me change both the CPU AND GPU without having to rely on support. That's pretty much how I am I prefer doing things on my own, but sometimes I need to consult others for help. I'm glad I found this great resource for support.
                              Thanks

Comment

Hello oreynid,

I'm reading and learning here.

Good luck to you,

Comment

My name is Bruce. I built my first electronic project, a crystal radio, when I was 8. My second, a few months later, was a super regenerative short wave radio. (Some of you will have to look up that concept I am sure.) I am almost 60 now, so that shows how long I have been an electronic junkie and general fixit guy. (I also do most of my own car work, building, plumbing, electrical and more.)

I built numerous Knight Kits, Heath Kits, etc. and many projects from plans obtained at a local electronics store. This was all in the 60's and 70's when everything was analog. I even built an oscilloscope from a kit as part of a TV servicing course!

My first PC was a Sinclair ZX81 that came it a kit. (PC board and parts, all to be mounted and soldered by the buyer!) It had a Z80 processor and 4 kb RAM. Tape backup to an audio cassette player! Built it and it did not work. Reviewed the whole assembly manual which I was happy to see included a schematic. Traced the steps against the schematic and found a discrepancy. Corrected to match the schematic and it worked! While paging through the separate 'user's guide' a small piece of paper fell out and it was a 'addendum' advising of the error in the manual.

So while I go way back to working at the component level (before there were throw away modules!) I was very happy to find this forum to assist me in troubleshooting modern electronics. I always hate the line from the repair people that it is "cheaper to buy a new one" than fix the one you have. Not if you understand how to troubleshoot and have some knowledge of the functionality of the device.

I am retired from the US Postal Service with many years working on mail processing systems design and troubleshooting new systems to find the errors of others, mostly at the software level but also deciding the best hardware for the job.

My current issue is with a VIZIO LP2626 which emitted a puff of white smoke then went blank. My first thought was blown capacitor but I had no idea there was a forum like this one to help me disassemble the unit and even identify the most likely culprit, complete with photos! I will be taking that apart in the next few days to confirm the one that let out the smoke (old joke: Electronic devices run on smoke. If you let the smoke out they stop working.)

My hat is off to those who thought to start this forum and I will be keeping up with your posts and reporting my successes (and failures) as well as asking for advice from time to time.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Well another newbie here, my name is Dan, in TV repair but once I started reading the threads about this Vizio I have it just seems to be boards, love it.

I have been in the computer field since 1987 and mixed hardware with software, now I am getting into web development, coding can be fun if you like puzzles.

Anyway just ran across this board when my Vizio decided to take a vacation. This board seems great looking forward to giving and receiving assistance.

Stay in Socal at this point but originally from Norcal. Kinda of like my IT career all over the place.

dloj

Comment

Originally posted by wazthatsmell
                                      got badcaps..bummer
                                      Helo everibody, Im Nelson, Computer eng & some degree in Electronis eng.
                                      Just I teach & repair compueters, tables, audio , tv.

The question why I'm here?. Most technical problen with cap, &mobos. The problem that bring me here was https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6180,
                                      So I have a samsung syncmaster 741. Afetr reading a lot, i found this site. But the problem was the data cable. I tested 20!!. So the same for caps is going to happen (in my country) with lcd data cabes....

See U soon

Comment

Hi there,

EE here working in scientific instrument design (infrared remote sensing). My plasma TV is failing and searching on the net I found that tom66 has posted one of the best troubleshooting guide that I found. I'm hoping to get help from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Khawar Ashraf. I'm software engineer by profession but I like to work on electronics projects as hobby. I work on cell phones, game consoles and other small stuff and hopefully with this forum I'll be able to expand my knowledge on TVs as well.

Thanks,
                                          Khawar

Comment

Working...
                                          X