This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'm Tom from Michigan as well. I work in the software engineering field.

I joined bad caps to get some information on how to replace bad capacitors in my Panasonic plasma >.<

Comment

Hi there everyone! My name is Greg, and I am from central Florida. I am currently going to college for computer science. I first started to repair (or attempting to repair) LCD monitors in the past year or two. So far I have successfully re-capped two Gateway monitors, one 17" FPD1765 and a 24" FPD2485w, both of which are still working.

Since then, it has been a hobby that appeals to me.
      This week I have purchased 3 non working LCDs for $30. I'm hoping it's a good deal.
      Acer X193WG - 19"
      Samsung SyncMaster 920NW 19"
      Sceptre X9G - 19"

All stay on for about 2 seconds and then go black. I'm crossing my fingers that they are just bad caps. Searching the forums I already see some threads about these monitors! I have visited BadCaps.net in the past and finally decided to join. It seems like a very helpful and friendly website. I'm looking forward to meeting new people here and hopefully fixing these monitors in the process!

Comment

hi im saul from ensenada mexico workin 20 years as a tecnician

Comment

Hi
          I'm Tony from Greece,glad to join.

Comment

I'm Mitsuho. My good friend Peter has a bad Toshiba LCD TV so I'm registering with badcaps.net to do some research before I help him teach that naughty boy to show some picture when asked.

Here's my plan for the 46RV530U (REGZA)
            a) PE0564 (Power board) - Check the 12v (to video) and 24v (to inverter) outs.
            b) Inverter - check caps

Comment

Hello, My Name is Ron I'm From North Carolina
              I'm a Electronic Engineer also A Certified Electronic Tech
              I have a family owned & operated electronic repair business for 36 years
              Ron Driver,BSEE,CET,ISCET,NESDA

Comment

Cheers M8's... Looking for an active forum to enhance my interest in electronics. Looks like a swell group of knowledgable guys with all levels of experience. Forum is well moderated and presents a genuine interest and concern in the trouble shooting tips and guidence handed out page after page. I'm looking foward to spending some time troling here. I've got a VX42L to fix and I'd Like to learn about component test and replacement. Goodies to all!!
                "Damn, it's always somethin...!!"

Comment

Hello, my name is Dat. I come to this forum to learn more about caps repairing. Hopefully, i will gain a lot of experience from this forum

Comment

Hello all been coming here for some time but only to look up info and never for any questions until now.

I've been doing computer repair since the 486dx days, and jumped ship to start doing other electronics about 2years ago when my TV died and they wanted $500 to repair a $27 fix.

Thanks for having me and n I have to go post a question.
                    "Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hello my name is costa and i want to learn a lot in this forum and hopefully to teach something.

Comment

Hello and thanks for the acceptance

Comment

Hey glad to be on board this is a great place to be as any knowledge is a good thing !
                          Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Its not what you learn from your mistakes. Its what you do with what you learn from them.

Comment

Hello all!

Great Forum i'm DIY contributor.

Comment

Hi! I'm Katie, I've had two things (42" plasma, 22" lcd) die in the past month from bad caps and the internet gods brought me here. I have no experience with electronics but I love taking on new DIY projects and I'm a pretty quick study. Hope to get some info and just "hang out," so to speak.

Comment

I've been here for some time as a lurker, even with an account.

I've been interested in computers and figuring out how they're put together and how they work since I was around thirteen years old. All my knowledge came from opening up cases and poking about, some trial and error, and by using the resources provided by hardware forums. Since I become interested I knew I wanted to put one together on my own, and I eventually started doing that. I've been helping others on hardware forums and even had a very awesome chance to work as a hardware reviewer for a short time, and that satisfied one of the things that I had always thought was cool and wanted to do.

I've only recently started replacing components that fail or are failing, but soldering and tinkering aren't new to me. I always like figuring out how things work, and this forum provided a very satisfying look at how the capacitors found on nearly every bit of hardware fail, which lead me to learning about how they work; what they're made of and what they do.

Hello!

Comment

Hello to all! please welcome me as I journey with all of you electronics experts out there as we share the common knowledge and joy of getting our passion fulfilled and done.

first of all I am a Filipino expatriate who lives and work here in the middle east country of Kuwait, I am currently working as a brown goods technician/ LCD & LED TV Technician on one of the famous electronics store here in this country.

I finished School as an Associate in Aircraft Maintenance Technologist back in my country and did 7 years of military service as an Electronics & IT system Repairman on a unit that protects the Airspace & boundaries of the philippines.

I have followed the footsteps of my father though I did not reach his rank when he retired because I choose to seek more greener pasture outside of my home country, I did not practice the field I love most because of my job before but occasionally i did some jobs in favor of my friends to earn some extra income.

Now that I have landed this job with only a month of mileage I look forward to seeking new information that will benefit me and the others in sharing ideas on problem solving, investigation, as well as techniques I used often to simpify or solve difficult problems in electronics repair.

Please forgive me if I cannot recall how many Electronic items I have repaired so far because I started since I first learned to like the opposite sex, that was very long time ago!!!! that is I needed an income so I can go and have a date or watch movies wherein the era was still VHS players were still at large and my father is having a hard time getting his customers cause I usually steal them for my profit, he he he LOL!!!but as of last month as I started with my new job, I have done roughly +8 units/8 hours a day on a $700 a month salary.

It means I already have a reputation but still I lack more as technology keeps getting younger each day.

In parting i would like to thank each members of this forum for welcoming me and all the others out there who wants to become members.

Comment

Hallo, I am Isaias 33y old from Thessaloniki - Macedonia, Greece. I am dealing with computers as a hobby in the last 12 years and 2 years with electronics. In my attempt to do something more professional, trying to graduate from a school for electronics.
                                    I ask your understanding for my bad English. I will do my best to be as understandable as possible.
                                    Thanks!!!
                                    Last edited by slick; 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

just wanted to learn some more and find out some more... so let's continue with the discussions guys! thanks have a nice day!

Comment

Hello, my name is David, from NYC, US. I am just a tech junkie, like many others on this site. I have a bachelor of science in electrical engineering and I hobby on my own.

Hopefully, I'll meet and have interesting discussions with members on this forum.

Comment

Hey All, and thanks for the welcome!
                                          I've been a geek/ techie/ tinkerer/ voider of warranties for many many moons. I just happened to stumble upon this little den of solder jockies whilst looking up info on fixing a mobo with.... Bad Caps (shocker) - Lurked here for quite a spell, and decided to dive in. Look forward to chatting with some of you

Remember - If it's too loud, you're not too old - you just have your hearing aid turned up too high ;p

Comment

Working...
                                          X