This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Guys. New member here. Looks a good site. Ill try and help anyone, from my office in sunny Spain. Plasmas, LCD, Valve amps, you name it..... www.zeta-services.tv. Euras member.... "How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb??" Come on, its a hardware fault.

Comment

Hello everybody,
      I am experienced in building and repairing computers. but in the electric, I am a newbie.
      I hope to learn something here.

Comment

I've been a light hardware modder for quite a while after learning to solder by reading online way before youtube. In the past couple of years I fixed my buddies imac with 20+ caps on the mobo and my brother's Hitachi TV power supply with caps. This site seems like a cool resource for my new hobby building arcade cabinets with LCD displays.

Comment

I'm new here. I have to reply to gain access to any "places" I can't type. I've been in Audio and eeeelectronics ffor 40 yrs.

Comment

Hi, I am just semi retired from the telecom industry (after 33 yrs) where I started out trouble shooting power suppies. I eventually got more into design and in the last six years into cost analyses of designs. I now have decided to get back into electronics and I am going to give LCD tv repair a shot.
            I hope members on this forum will help me in this new endevor.

Thanks
            Philboye

Comment

Hi, I am currently studying in electronic engineering and also an amateur radio operator. I love to experiment and design circuit and PCBs myself, which is my way of self-guided learning. The reason I am here is to find out some interesting people who designs interesting power supplies, for powering up any circuit that it may be.

Comment

Hallo all..

Just signed up after being told about this forum by a friend..
                RN is Phil, and I work in Automotive Training.

I have a personal dislike of the direction Automotive has gone in so much as everything in cars is simply replaced these days.

New techs arent allowed (or choose not) to think for themselves anymore.. they just do what the diagnosis computer tells them to then replace some huge (expensive) chunk of the car without really understanding or disgnosing the actual problem.

So, I'm hoping to learn heaps and contribute where I can here.

Cheers..

Comment

Hello my name is John. I am from Melbourne Australia. I work in the automotive repair field & I like tinkering / repairing automotive electronic components. My favourite vehicle is my BMW M3.

Comment

I had to join. This site is great. BAM!

Comment

Hi, my name is Bill. I am a draftsman in the cabinet/walk-in cooler industry.
                      I found your site because I was surfing the web looking for info on a bad monitor.
                      It looks very informative.

Comment

Hi,
                        I am Al and an electrical engineer. Been in the Computer industry and wanted to get back into electronics. Need to start refreshing my brain...

Comment

Just say hello from Devon England, my name is Joe and have been fiddling about with components for a couple of years. I used to work for TDK.

Comment

Hi every one, I am Carlos originally from Arequipa in Perú. Now living permanently in Australia.
                            I am glad I found this forum, you guys seem to be very knowledgeable.
                            Tomcat no worries I will not break the rules of your forum.
                            Thank you in advance for all your help.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tony, and I own a computer repair business. I normally don't do component level repairs, but it is something I would really like to learn.

I'm located in Western Wisconsin, and in the past year or so, I've really seen an influx of phone/tablet work as well, which I also find very interesting.

Looking forward to talking to some of the bright people here and saving some electronics from the trash.

Comment

Hello. I'm a Linux sysadmin and I'm trying to dabble in fixing LCD TVs and laptops in my spare time, to teach myself more about hardware.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm Al from the United Kingdom, that expensive small island in the middle of nowhere. I work for USAFE as a diagnostics technician diagnosing all kinds of electronic faults on Amerian vehicles. I came across this site after trying to find out how to repair a dead LCD TV.

Only been on here a short while but have already noticed there are a lot of informative people and good information.

Just hope I've placed this message in the correct place?

Al.

Comment

Hello, My name is John. I'll be getting out of the Marine Corps after ten years in about a month. I've been an EOD Tech for the last several years which is what originally "sparked" my interest in electronics. My first experience with a breadboard while learning basic IED construction was a blast-and became my main interest within the field. Since then I've gotten into smartphone, iPad, laptop, and game console repair, but have learned just enough to know that I need more knowledge!

I currently have a decent set of tools, but need more task specific setups:

here are my main tools in regards to PCB repair:

Weller WD-1 with WP80 80 watt iron
                                    Fluke 86
                                    loads of fine 60/40 (heard 63/37 may be better?)
                                    wick, solder sucker, USB inspection scope, fume extraction,anti static set up.

What I want, and plan on getting within the week is a blue ESR kit. I'd also like a leek seeker if they are still around.After that I want to find a better work mat and ionizing fan.

The problem is that I've got the gear, but very little experience troubleshooting complex circuits. I am comfortable with soldering, and have a lot of experience with small components (nintendo ds f1 fuse, nds slot one cartridge, ipod touch volume/power tether and headphone jacks etc)

-I've had just enough experience with failed reflow and BGA reballing attempts to learn that you get what you pay for when it comes to that kind of equipment and have put that on hold for now. -

I've been repairing or parting out laptops for a while now, and am completely sick of not knowing what I'm looking at when it comes to small components. I also hope to move into HDTV repairs shortly as my one experience with a 42" vizio PSU alerted me to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing.

Long story short, I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, and have learned A LOT. I look forward to learning more, and eventually being able to help out.

If you guys have any questions about iphone/smart phone, ipad, or ipod touch/classic repairs please let me know, as that is the one area I am proficient in. Beyond that I plan on shutting up and learning.

Glad to be here!

Comment

Edit *My Fluke is an 87

Comment

Just trying to get up to speed here.

Motivated by problems with Toshiba satelite laptop apparently due to NecTokin cap

Comment

Hi, i am Steve. I live in North Devon in the UK. I no longer work due to illness (Multiple sclerosis), but in the past i spent 7 happy years (most of the time) working in the marine industry aboard a workboat/tug. Operational area was UK coastal waters.

Before venturing onto the sea i worked for 12 years in the security alarm industry.

I have always been interested in electrical/electronic things, love to know how they work, and am always happy to have a go at fixing problems myself.

Good to be aboard here, only made my first post today and already have received some fantastic help from forum members.

Comment

Working...
                                          X