This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, Mike here, from Palo Alto, CA. (Hey, right in the heart of Silicon Valley :-) Mainly do software, but have been doing a lot of hardware lately, mainly embedded systems, in the form of wearable sensors for medical and fitness applications, with LPRF (Low Power RF). See my volunteer group on Facebook, Maker Corps, where we try to figure out how to apply these devices (and any other assistive technology) to solutions for folks with disabilities.

You can find a picture of one of my wearable gadgets in that FB group, too. So I do digital design and fab down to 0.5mm pitch connectors on PCBs (with a stereo microscope :-)

I'm here because a neighbor gave me a Vizio 42" LCD with a dead display. Found the full service manual on the net and a thread here confirms my suspicion that its probably a dead power supply. Cool, I can handle that.

Mike (who also had to replace bad caps in two Channel Master DTV converter boxes that died within a few weeks of each other :-)

Comment

hola a todos me presento en este estupendo foro un saludo

Comment

Hi to everyone,found this site whilst trying to find out how to repair my dell 1545 laptop,also my dv2000,I hope I can get them up and running again,with help from this site ,I am willing to learn, also a total newbee

Comment

Hello. I'm from Portugal and found this forum while searching for information on my Laptop. I like to play trying to repair MB

Comment

Hi, I'm live West Newbury, Vermont. I found this forum while looking for info on fixing my tv.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Australia. I was looking for information on how to repair an LCD monitor when I found this site. The monitor is now fixed (thanks) and I have a Sharp LCD TV try and fix next.

Comment

Hi,

This is Duncan, 57 from Belmont, MA. * I'm a software engineer with a modicum of hardware design and debugging experience. * I have a 2005 Xserver G5 that worked fine, then sat plugged in, but powered down for months. *It is now stone dead. *I suspect it could be the bad-cap problem in the Delta DPS-400GB-1A power supply. *I also have a 2005 Dual 2.0GHz single core G5 Power Mac. I added an additional single SATA power cable to the PS, a Sonnet Tempo PCI SATA 2i card, and a 1TB drive between the front grill and processor fans. * This PS is also acting strangely after extended power off, though the machine needs a fresh battery. *And!!! *I have an unused Epox Athlon MB from the same period, but haven't checked the history of the model. *Some slightly lower end Epox boards from the same order did fail spectacularly. *It looks like I'm in the right place to seek info and advice on fixing some of these. *TIA!

-d DE ww1o
                d DE ww1o

Comment

Hi everyone, I live in Moravia, NY and found this site looking for info on a high voltage probe.

Comment

hi. just saying hello.

Comment

Hi
                      My name is Greg, I am a retired Anti lock brake tech. and Motor homing nut, love to travel just 5' above the ground spent to much of my life flying around the world.

Comment

hello

My name is karkass (online)
                        I am not a very tech savy person however I like to tinker on all types of technology. With all the advancements in technology I have Learned it is best for me not to be a trail blazer but a follower so I can learn from more engineering minds than mine. I found this forum searching for a solve to a problem I have.

Please understand things that are second nature to you are beyond my knowledge and I may have to be spoken to like a kindergardener before it make sense to me.

Thanks

Comment

hello
                          this is m.wildali from jordan , biomedical service engineer in Jordanian ministry of health
                          i like Assembly,bios modding ,UNIX based OS's, interested in security issues

Comment

I found this site while looking for information on reopairing a Gateway MA7 laptop. There is a ton of great info here. I am actually a PC & Laptop Technician and have done some board level work before. Not as much as a lot of the people here. That is why I registered here. I love learning new things and I learned how to bypas a power jack today. And did it. I really ebjoy tearing things apart and fixing almost anything. And I have always wanted to learn more about electronics.

Comment

this is my introduction post to badcaps.com forum. i have caught myself here quite a few times recently so i figured i'd register. mainly i end up here researching computer hardware issues or tv issues. i have my own computer repair business here in s. florida, but i work on anything that has to do with electronics ect. currently i have a lcd tv that i was working on and found myself here. it seems this forum is full of very useful info regarding my line of work and i greatly appreciate the knowledge i have come across and the things i have learned so far. im glad to be a registered member and i hope to continue to use the info on here to help me and maybe pass along things i know that can help others. cheers!

Comment

Hiya all - hailing in from Australia. This is my intro to badcaps, but certainly not my intro to actual bad caps. Plenty of equipment each week coming through here that is just full of them still

Many thanks for setting this forum up - was starting to think that we'd lost all the component-level brains to non-English forums
                                YouTube Repair Videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/19PLD73
                                FlexBV BoardView software - Linux/OSX/Windows - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

Comment

Hi, my name is Jongs. I'm very interested in electronics and troubleshooting. Nice forum you have here. Plenty to learn. Thank you !

Comment

Yo! I'm an electronics engineering student and former teenage computer tech just wanting to keep a little up to date.

Comment

This forum rocks !!!

Comment

Hi new to this forum.

My name is Dave Hewitt and I retired from the TV and PC repair business after a 30 year career running my own business selling, repairing TV's and PCs. I was a founder member of the branchtv forum.
                                        I retain an interest in all things electronic and my hobbies are computing, classic cars (I own a 41 year Merc SL350) Live just outside London in Leafy Hertfordshire.

Comment

Hello,
                                          I am Scratt, I am 59yrs old living in kansas, usa. I have been in electronics for a long time. My first computer was a Sincliar 1kb. I'm dissabled and retired now. my last job was lead man on a crew modifing the cockpit, upper deck and forward cargo electronics bay of both the 747 Airforce one jets.
                                          I hope i'll be able to help some one and receive help too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X