Polkaudio DSW PRO 500 not switching on solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polkaudio DSW PRO 500 not switching on solved

Hoping I can get some help. I have a DSW Pro 500, where the status led flashes green when it is on.. There is no sound output. I have removed the board and it seems like it’s only the two 3k metal oxide resistors that are fried. Surely something on the board would have caused these resistors to cook?
    Any ideas what else should be replaced on the board?

Comment

Guys, any idea what voltage we can expect on the terminals for CN3, its written GND 36V/48V/53V ?

I have a DSW pro 660 and dead with a RED LED light. Nothing fried on the board except the two 3K ohm resistors which still measures the correct resistance. When I unplug the cable going from Power Board to the main AMP board from CN3, it stays GREEN. Though I only get around 5 Volts on the CN3 so guessing should it be more to power the AMP board ? I am also suspecting the voltage regulator here (H431). Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by grunder View Post
        good afternoon, unit came in not switching on.

Found burned & cracked diode.(photo.1) replaced with fr307.(photo.3) and cleaned up the burned debris. Looks like diode has generated a lot of heat.
        Wonder if during assembly they could have placed the foam suspension else where. (photo.2)

unit would still not switch on, missing 12v & 5v supplies.
        The diode supplying the voltage to the 5v regulator when scoped had a large ripple on it. (photo 4)

replaced c12 220uf/10v(photo 5),
        and hey presto unit up & running! (photo 6)

i don't know if the fr307 (crt tv line output flyback diode) is adequate.
        The diode feels warm to the touch, and wonder if any one could comment on this.
        i googled the specs' of diodes i had in stock, and this one seemed to fit the bill. Thanks.

Comment

I enjoyed the previous post. Maybe you can help me.

I have a Polkaudio DSW 600 subwoofer. There are 2 burned spots on the board. I would like to know the part numbers and specs. See attached photo with circled issues. Learning all the time is great.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X