Need a new drive?....a fast one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new drive?....a fast one?

Y'all don't have a Hot Deals section but here is one for you.....Best Buy has the Western Digital 10,000 rpm Raptors best price ever with no rebates necessary.....74gig for 101.99 and 150gig for 169.99. I think they are sold out online but in stock at many stores.

Just an FYI if you need the speed.
    Old Age and Treachery Defeat Youth and Skill Every Time

Re: Need a new drive?....a fast one?

Not sure how the 2 drivers reflect in the real world but I recently bought a Seagate II NCQ drive that in HD Tach performed just as well. :S
    Say no to Fuhjyyu!

Comment

great for those stuck with ide.
      everything here is 15k scsi.

Comment

From my experience, there is not mutch comparable with an 10000rpm Raptor.
        I can assure you, that HDtach does not refleckt the real world speed of anything.
        There are some discusions abouth that topic burid in this forum, and all who have had real experience with a Raptor have come to this conslusion.

Well 15000rpm SCSI, hm either you have the money or not mutch data, this stuff is far too expensive for my personal use.

Comment

infact 15k rpm SCSI drives are not faster than the Raptor 10k rpm drives when used for single user dekstop usage scenarios...

For server usage it is of course the other way around...

The reason is that the SCSI drives are designed for mulit user usage, while the raptor has been designed for single usage patterns...

Originally posted by kc8adu
          great for those stuck with ide.
          everything here is 15k scsi.
          All raptors are SATA ;-)
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
          X