X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial

L&C LC-B450 E 450W Power Supply

(Sorry for red light, fan is not original)

(Generic main caps)

There are two G-LUXON and two Hermei (has the Panasonic T vent) caps in the secondary side.

Really crappy (taken by 6-year old Logitech webcam) picture of the T vent on the Hermei cap.

Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 03:57 PM.
    My gaming PC:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
    ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
    PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
    G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
    WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
    ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
    Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
    Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

What a POS (the LC-B450)! Those heatsinks and I/P caps might be good for 250W. It might be interesting to compare the O/P rectifier current ratings with the current ratings of their respective O/Ps. Those I/P rectifiers look pretty wimpy, almost like 1A rated 1N400X. Almost no AC I/P filter components: is it an AM or FM transmitter?
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Fortron Bluestorm 350w FSP350-60THN-P

This one is practically the same model as the 300w dood posted earlier except that it has 50 extra watts of course, pfc as required for european market (although passive) and the bluestorm extras. we were lucky to open it when i ordered it for my friend as it has no tamper stickers. So looking at the additional aesthetics it has a matt blue paint job which looks quite durable, it has a blue light in the power switch which is lit when the mains are attached, the cables have blue mesh on them and the fan is blue also. The atx connector is the new type 20+4 pin so you can detach the 4 pin block and use only 20 pin if you require. The molex connectors are the new easy type.

The caps are teapo, capxon and one small ost. The main caps are 2x820uf 200v. The fan is a protechnic 120mm which provides good airflow. I was concerned like dood about whether this type of fan configuration would be inferior to an 80mm at the back but i think it is actually superior and there is no problem with noise. Anyway turbulence makes a good cooling effect actually. Recommended.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by willawake; 01-25-2006, 06:17 AM.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I have been looking around in the insides of my L&C LC-B450 E 450W power supply and what the heck is this?

PeteS in CA, I don't know what you are talking about a transmitter and I don't see one.
          Last edited by willawake; 01-25-2006, 01:53 PM.
          My gaming PC:
          AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
          ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
          PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
          G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
          TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
          WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
          ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
          Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
          Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
          Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
          Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2
            I have been looking around in the insides of my L&C LC-B450 E 450W power supply and what the heck is this?
            That's two diodes used as replacement of "double-diode" in TO220 package. I've seen that in cheap PSUs.
            Last edited by willawake; 01-25-2006, 01:53 PM.

Comment

FSP Group AX400-PN 350w (400max) dual +12v rails

Looks remarkably similar to the Sparkle (FSP) 350watt that I posted earlier. This is a $40 unit from Newegg.com, which I purchased for a new system build. CapXon on the input side, Teapo's on the output (slightly different from the 350w version.
              Attached Files
              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

PeteS in CA, I don't know what you are talking about a transmitter and I don't see one.
                Sorry, I was being sarcastic. With almost no filter components, I suspect that P/S is not very "friendly" to radios, AM or FM, or TVs, due to conducted and radiated noise.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Bestec 300W ATX OEM for eMachines T3256

560uf capxon primaries, jamicon and Ltec on secondary side. Jamicon fan..very light gauge output wiring esp 12v P4 connector.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hipro 350W. 12v at 16a. Currently powering a 1,7GHz celeron. 470uF Teapo primaries, Teapo all over in the secondary.
                    Attached Files
                    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Forgot to mention, it has an Adda 80mm fan.
                      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Sparkle ATX-400PN-B

Here is a powersupply I just picked up today, price was $40 dollars CDN.

Label say's ATX-400PN but the barcode label say's ATX-400PN-B204.

The power supply has 1 X 20/24 pin motherboard connector, 4pin removeable
                        5 - 4 pin molex
                        1 - floppy
                        1 - ATX12V 4 pin
                        1 - 6 pin PCI-E connector?
                        2 - SATA power connectors.

The inside contains 2 Teapo (200V 820uf) for the primary and a mix of OST and Teapo for the secondary
                        Fan is a ball bearing D12BH-12 made by Yate Loon.

Pictures were taken with a crappy webcam I got with the isp(shaw) promo 6-7 yrs ago.

Pictures look a lot like dood's post of the AX-400PN.
                        Attached Files

Comment

From an old PC Power & Cooling ad, comparing their 450W Turbo Cool to a junk 300W. I owned the 250W version of the latter, by King Star/King Case. The +5V standby power supply was on the small circuit board held in place by one screw to the top of the heatsink, where it was free to twist around. The two primary caps were 220uF each, and there was no EMI filter (or radio reception). The short circuit protection didn't work, at least for the +3.3V rail, which blew its MOSFET (not diode) when shorted.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 03:58 PM. Reason: offsite pic upload

Comment

3 cheapies
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by kc8adu; 02-02-2006, 02:05 PM.

Comment

a power
                              Attached Files

Comment

echo star
                                Attached Files

Comment

mge gamer special
                                  Attached Files

Comment

swcon rubycon fakes in echo star
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                      What a POS (the LC-B450)! Those heatsinks and I/P caps might be good for 250W. It might be interesting to compare the O/P rectifier current ratings with the current ratings of their respective O/Ps. Those I/P rectifiers look pretty wimpy, almost like 1A rated 1N400X. Almost no AC I/P filter components: is it an AM or FM transmitter?
                                      its all mode all frequency!
                                      looks like a manhattan unit we got in for a sample.
                                      by the time i got set up to take pics it had been picked up already.

Comment

Supply from server (VXI P/N 073-20684-13, customer P/N 348-0033596) - extensive AC filtering and active PFC, independent transformers with independent PWM controller and MOSFET for each rail, 4000uF filtering on each rail before first inductors, 6600uF after first inductor on +12V rail, 11200uF after first inductor on +5V rail - Nippon Chemi-Con and Matsushita electrolytics - overall a very well built unit.
                                        (Silicone has been scraped off for scrapping)
                                        Attached Files
                                        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Whoa, that's spooky! That form factor looks a lot like the late 70s-early 80s Boschert Inc. OL65. The P/S in the photo is around 180W, though. If the two regulators are discontinuous flybacks, the main "O/P" inductors are actually the transformer primaries. Those ferrite rod inductors are just for suppressing spike noise.
                                          PeteS in CA

Comment

Working...
                                          X