This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial

The older sister is almost a twin to the younger one - how sexy is that?

True430
    28/36/20 (amps 3.3/5/12)
    3.3+5+12= 410W
    1x 20 pin
    1x +12v
    1x inline 6 pin???
    1x fan RPM
    2x "fan only" molex
    7x molex
    2x FDD
    1x rear exterior molex
    14cm deep
    4 pounds, 7 ounces
    80x25mm and 92x25mm clear "Top Motor" fans
    4 screws, one covered by a sticker
    caps?
    Attached Files

Comment

The cousin, well, she was a bit shy and wouldn't shed all her clothes no matter how much I sweet talked her. Well, softcore is better than PG rated, is what I always say. Here's the last one in the Antec family:

Phantom 350W
      28/30/16/18 (amps 3.3/5/12v1/12v2)
      3.3+5= 190W
      1x 24 pin (came with 20 pin adaptor)
      1x 4 pin +12v
      1x PCI-E
      2x FDD
      2x SATA
      7x molex
      16cm deep
      6 pounds even
      Caps are "Fuhjyyu" perhaps?
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a new face that I just received a couple of days ago. It's always exciting to see fresh talent in this industry. Her name is Enhance and she didn't have any problems stripping down for the camera - no warranty sticker to pop either. She was hot and ready to go!

ATX-1136FA
        22/21/10/15 (amps 3.3/5/12v1/12v2)
        3.3+5= 130W
        347W total
        1x 20+4 pin
        1x 4 pin +12v
        1x PCI-E
        1x FDD
        2x SATA
        4x molex
        14cm deep
        3 pounds, 14 ounces
        4 screws to undress her and no warranty sticker to pop!
        80x25mm "ADDA Brushless" fan
        big caps are Teapo and some smaller ones Jamicon
        Attached Files

Comment

The last sexy unit in our photo shoot today is a discontinued unit from A+GPB. Indeed that company doesn't even exist anymore, being morphed or absorbed into Athena Power. Anyhoot, she's perhaps the sleekest and sexiest looking unit in the lineup with a nice tan to boot. However, I think her tan was artificial because it was easily scratched up when my "tool" slipped. Also, she didn't look too pretty after I was done with her. I left her all covered in my fingerprints, haha. Gosh, why do I feel like I need a bath now? Well, she put up a hair of resistance with one warranty sticker but I quickly talked my way past that and so this ended up being a longer photo shoot than any others, with a fourth picture to show off her nakid heatsinks some more. SEXY!

AGPB-P4ATX42TS
          28/42/18 (amps 3.3/5/12)
          3.3+5= 235W
          Max 448W
          1x 20 pin
          1x 4 pin +12v
          2x FDD
          2x SATA
          6x molex
          14.5cm deep
          4 pounds, 1 ounce
          80x25mm "Top Silent" fan
          4 screws, one covered by sticker
          large caps "Jenpo"

This concludes our entertainment for tonight. I have 8 more potential models, but they are all "working" gals so are too busy to strip down for me at this time, plus I wasted the better part of two evenings doing this stuff. Note to self, opening twenty-five 5MP 1.2MB pictures all at once is not the best idea in the world.

EDIT: Ratings? Specs? What are those? The PSUs are already dressed and evil Zap has already put some to work. Sorry.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Zap; 05-18-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Super Flower 500W, with discussion in https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1002
            Attached Files
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Huntkey 300W ATX12V v1.3
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the FSP epsilon :
                Attached Files

Comment

Again, better pictures for FSP epsilon .
                  Fsp used to have many awards across different media .
                  I recommand it without reservation.
                  Attached Files

Comment

are those your pics? i think not

we should limit this thread to original members pics only.
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

hyena (deer) at
                      Attached Files

Comment

1) PVI-30-21TA 50W unit from an external DEC tape drive (from 1996): All Nippon Chemi-Con except for 400V 100uF, which is a Hitachi unit, 2200uF 10V SXE x2 (before +5V output inductor), 2200uF 16V LXF (before +12V output inductor), general purpose 2200uF 16V (after +5V output inductor) and 1000uF 35V (after +12V output inductor). Very decent unit.

2) Computer Zone 200W (from 1993): 220uF CapXon primary units, little heatsinking, "S.I." brand capacitors for output filtering with 2x 1000uF 16V for +5V, 1x 1000uF 16V for +12V and one 220uF 16V each for -5V and -12V. 3A rectifiers for +12V (inadequate), 2A primary rectifier (inadequate) - a number of corners were cut...
                        Attached Files
                        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Hi All

These are of an ATX SMPSU.
                          No name I can find, so not sure what it is (except maybe N.S ?)

Its a few years old

Note: the Cap on the mains filter side.

Ok first time putting pics up, so if I stuffed up let me know please
                          Attached Files
                          You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Channel Well Technology model ATX-350

This was taken from the box I am now using...replaced it with an Enermax Liberty 620w.

As you will see by the pics (well maybe not 1 capacitor is hidden) 2 caps are going going gone

A 2200 uF 6V3 and 1000 uF 10v
                            Far as I can tell its using Fuhjyyu caps throughout??

I have been meaning to replace this since I got it with the box...but Pa Kettle rulez again...doh!
                            Good thing I did replace it cause it was on its way

HTH
                            Attached Files
                            You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Two Dynacomp units from Macs; all electrolytics in both are Nippon Chemi-Con.

1) DCF704 (68W): 270uF 400V SMH, 2200uF 10V LXF x3 before +5V output inductor with 1000uF 10V LXF after it, 330uF 35V LXF x2 before +12V output inductor with 82uF 35V LXF x2 after it, 220uF 35V on -12V rail, 1000uF 16V SME on +5V standby rail.

2) DCF803 (86W): 330uF 200V SMG x2 (although one appears to have bulged; it is actually the plastic disc on top of the capacitor which has warped), 2200uF 10V LXF x4 before +5V output inductor with 2200uF 10V LXF after it, 330uF 35V LXF x2 before +12V output inductor with 220uF 35V LXF after it, 220uF 35V on -12V rail.

Very decent units...
                              Attached Files

Comment

90W Newton from a Gateway computer. +12V rail rated for a whopping 1.5A.
                                Nichicon and Rubycon caps.

Are Newton and Delta related? Because this Newton has the same type of white goo Delta uses and even a Delta DNA1001 controller chip.

Comment

Some pics of an Powmax psu, i removed as an safetty messure from a new case.
                                  i don`t know if you can see how flimpsy this psu realy is.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Some Pics from a realy decent Delta PSu. Got them cehap for about 16€.
                                    Most caps are Capxon, but don`t know what brand those green caps in the middle are.
                                    The case is somehow other than most psu's, if 5 screws are unscrewed, you can slide the whole psu out of the case and have the bottom of the pcb handy for soldering.
                                    I/P caps are 2x 680uf 200v.

Comment on the Powmax: the i/p cap is an 400v 120uF cap. It seems to be slightly bulging.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by gonzo0815; 06-28-2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

LC-5-6550, having one bulged KSC 100uf /10v cap on the 5v sb rail and therefore some start problems.
                                      Replaced both caps on that rail with some 1500uf 6,3v MCZ.
                                      O/P caps are 3300uf 16v and most other caps are branded "UNITED" and have the UCC marks on the top. So far i think this should at least eb able to emit about 350w.

Comment

Pics from LC-6550
                                        bulged KSC caps are already replaced with some Rubycon MCZ, as you can see on the pic.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Pics from FSP350-60MDM.
                                          I/P caps are 2x 820uf 200v.
                                          O/P caps are all Teapo or ost, 2200uf and 3300uf.
                                          HS seems to be a bit flimsy, but all units are good and can handle the stated power without issue.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X