Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

I would like to chime in and make a few observations. I see many laptops and have come across this exact same issue, is not particulare to one brand name. Currently i have a Sony MBX-223 showing the same 'no power issues'. I check the board and find that "+1_05V_VTT" is shorted to ground. Had the exact same issue on a Dell N4040, a short in the 1.05V VTT line...

I noticed that they both have something in common. Both units are using the same chipset family; The Dell using the "Mobile Intel® HM57 Express Chipset" and the Sony using the ""Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset"...

So i was thinking... Could this be a failure of the Intel chipset??? I pull up the datasheet for the "Intel® 5 Series Chipset and Intel® 3400 Series Chipset" to see if it is using the 1.05V Power Rail, and shure enough it is using the 1.05V...

So my instinct is that it is a issue with the Intel chipset. So I Google "Intel Series 5 short 1.05v" to see if anyone else is thinking what i am thinking; or at least to prove my thought wrong. I find an interesting archive from NASA titled "Radiation Failures in Intel 14nm Microprocessors" ()

Knowing well enough that this is a 65nm Chipset i thought "well is not new fancy technology like NASA is testing, but still interesting reading..."

So reading there study on page 7 i find the same power failure result as we are expressing!!! And again on page 16 [The mechanism of the catastrophic failures seems related to the presence of electric power (1.05V core voltage)]

So perhaps this is a design issue that is showing it's ugly head... Ugh...

Need people to chime in on this...

*** NOTE 1: The Intel® 5 Series Chipset and Intel® 3400 Series Chipset for the Arrandale family of processors (First Generation); Research document is testing Broadwell family of processors (Fifth Generation) using the Intel 9 Series chipsets ***

*** NOTE 2: The Issue is documented as a failure in the PCH; Not the Processor***
    Last edited by abddeen; 05-20-2017, 05:23 AM. Reason: Added notes

Comment

Originally posted by sebuncle View Post
      hi ,
      motherboard M960 rev1.1 mbx223
      doesn't start , no led , no power , no charge.

I check on power button 3v are no present
      19v is present on PF1 and PL1.
      19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v (i change PQ2 it's the same)

i check SN608098:
      no voltage on pin 3 and 6

i check BQ24753A:
      PVCC have 19v

Can you tell me where i have to check
      i don't have schématic
      thank you

Change pu1

Comment

still no have scematic???/

Comment

There is schematic available
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello I have this same mbx223 which power on and then shutsoff immediately after a sec and then power on again and then shutsoff .I have checked there are no shorts also replaced the micom and ec bios and main bios
            I noticed that when we remove then pr146 enable to memory dc-dc the machine stays on but ofcourse the cpu v pre will not come and some aux supplies also
            This is like a common problem with this model anyone fixed it
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X