Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP G6 R22 ,, AMD CPU ... Black Screen

Hello there,

I am a little bit stuck here ... as far I can see I got all the volts present ... already converted to UMA ... I was thinking that the problem is the ATI GPU Chip but the problem is that the BIOS is not present. IF it was then I would have some capls lock light reaction, some blinking code etc. but nothing.

With good known RAM or without I got same thing. So I know that the BIOS is not loaded and I can not find any power sequence for this Board. Bios was already reprogrammed but with the same result.

Could it be that the North chip is dead ?? Anybody got some tip where to look ?? Thank You in advance.

Re: HP G6 R22 ,, AMD CPU ... Black Screen

If you have a postcard, you can find the error code by inserting it instead of WIFI. RAM slot 30 pin 1.5v RAM_RST, WIFI slot pin 20 must be 3.3V. Could it be North chip is problem.
    Last edited by Sametbey; 03-01-2021, 12:46 AM.
    I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

in picture
      Attached Files
      I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
        If you have a postcard, you can find the error code by inserting it instead of WIFI. RAM slot 30 pin 1.5v RAM_RST, WIFI slot pin 20 must be 3.3V. Could it be North chip is problem.
        I got the postcard but it shows me nothing as the BIOS is not posting. I got identical board also faulty, but sometimes it does post ... or give me caps lock blinking error code. Also is reacting to power off. This one that I am working on does not react to power off, only on long press the button.

Comment

check with an extern keyboard if board post. Toggle caps lock or numlock.. if it doesn't reprogram bios with extern programmer.

Good luck

Best regards

Steve

Comment

Already tried that Steve ... with different bios and also with original one from HP. Same result ... very strange.

Comment

Do you have picture on extern screen

Comment

Did the laptop give picture after the conversion, otherwise there is something wrong with conversion to uma and make sure you program bios uma.

Regards

Steve

Comment

I have two faulty identical boards ... One that sometimes will post with UMA already done. But the difference is that one that will post sometimes I got 5x Blink Code ... on another one no caps lock blink code ... meaning that the BIOS is not loaded.

Basically two faulty boards with different faults ... I got the schematic but there is no power sequence ... just guessing as the board got GPU chip but already disabled, ATI chip maybe this one is faluty ... and PCH
                  Last edited by matusiq; 03-01-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Gonna be a dead AMD northbridge as usual.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I know that it is very common with these boards ... but is there any chance that it is something else ??

Comment

Working...
                      X