CQ43 charger ic heating up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ43 charger ic heating up

On my previous thread I already solve the "no power issue" of this laptop Compaq CQ43 but I've got new problem.

Its been out almost 6 days ago until my client came back and told me its not powering up again. When I insert charger, dc led indicator does not light but when power button is pressed, switch button and power led indicator lights up but turns off for about 10 seconds.

I disassembled laptop again and found that charger IC is heating up. My questions is. If charger IC is faulty would it still run for almost 6 days? I mean if something is shorted it would've not work from the beginning.

I remember telling my client not to use the battery because I tried charging it for the first time and noticed for 20 minutes its already 50% and when I hold the battery its hot. He also told me he purchased a class A charger from store. I examined the charger and it seems identical to mine (original) Same weight, same quality of plastics and got heavy duty cables.

I'll check further all voltages of u0901 of charger IC. By the way power button has 3.3v present before pressing.
    Attached Files

Re: CQ43 charger ic heating up

same problem

Comment

Re: CQ43 charger ic heating up

Originally posted by qonma View Post
      same problem
      check battery original or compatible ?

Comment

Working...
      X