HM65 CHIPSET

THK IN ADVANCE

Re: hey guys , need k54LY bios dump

backup your old and try both
    Attached Files
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

thk borbe , but you gave me a 2in one bios , i got this as well , i need them splited , i will post here my both bios , EC and Main .

i think that fmor my files will be easy to split the new bios in the 2 files needed.

here are my files

im gonna upload the EC only from my board , i guess its enough to someone can modify and split me the new bios in both files EC and MAIN

thk in advance
      Attached Files
      Last edited by highpulse; 02-06-2015, 05:06 AM.

Comment

techman bios master ? can you help me out here ?

Comment

Hi
          First and always i need your original bios even if it bad ...asus don't have full dumps and you just can't use somebody else because it will have ME Region problem also is this a two bios board EC & Bio ? meaning not to getter? if it just one bios chip then its just one file they are togetter upload for me to help you.
          Robert

Comment

i there techman , this is a 2 bios board , EC and main , on the 2 files i sent in attachment , i sent the the bios frmo the ASUS site , 1.36 mb ip file , and i also added my EC dump the 24.1kb zip file .

Comment

if you need my MAIN dump as well , let me know i upload it for you

Comment

Hi Yes i need the original main ..let me see if asus even has the EC.rom i didn't see it thats we could use from a donor board not the original file.upload because i'm almost ready to run out and won't be back until later today.
                Robert

Comment

here it is both bios Robert thk for help
                  Attached Files

Comment

i noticed that the bios frmo asus is bigger than the ugual 4096kb , so seems having ec merged on it , but im not sure , i dont have your knowdledge , i wish that heheh

Comment

that "ec" dump is Asmedia 104x USB 3.0 firmware as it seams to me
                      Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Hi
                        Your file is a mess for sure it won't work you need to wait until tonight i need to rebuild you a new clean ME Region ...that means all new clean never booted in another machine ....If somebody give you a dump from another machine it will have fans racing ,redome shut down and so on thats a dirty me region once a computer boots it married to that bin to that laptop and this is the case only on intel boards ...no amd no me region on amd.
                        If i give you a file it will work for sure leave the original EC bin on the computer dont touch that that an't you problem only main bios 4MB in size
                        Techman1025 talk soon

Comment

ala borbe , well then well cheked my friend , it was right by side of that asmedia QFN , and o noticed this was a bios IC , but wouldn't imagine it was asmedia firmware , very big error !!!!!!

so i guess the ASUS only have one bios !!!
                          , got it robert ? you got the main bios on that packet , so just chek it out and send me a good one with regions fixed etc . meanwhile will try with the one ala borbe gave me !

thk ALA_borbe !

Comment

@highpulse
                            you dumps are messed up.. mostly zeroes

@all
                            my file in second post K54LYF1-207.zip is a dump from working laptop
                            my file K54LYF1-208.zip has inserted new main bios from asus web... both should work

maybe problem is elsewhere

edit
                            found some asmedia fw for another board, reported to work fine
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ala_borbe; 02-09-2015, 06:04 AM.
                            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

robert , thk ill wait ,
                              ala , thats not good

alltough the problem is that we work for outher stores and somethimes we grab machines that were "tryed to repair" by outher non professional people and we found some abnormalities like this !!!

Comment

found some dump reported to be working

you can try
                                Attached Files
                                Im Back... sort of...

Comment

originally i wanted that bios just to rull out problem on the ITE due to not having correct 5 volts line , i got perfect 3.3 line , but the 5 volts line its only 0.91 volts , replaced the min regulator to see if it would change , but still same value . usually ITE controls the 3.3 and 5 volts line , so that why i wanted firstly this bios to carry out ITE problems , but even with your dump ALA , still not getting 5 volts line , only 0.97 volts !!! so problem is around ITE for sure , cheking main regulator is ok , all fets are ok as well , there are no short on both lines , both have good Kohm values .
                                  so if someone have this schematic i will apreciate !!

Comment

schematic and board view anyone ???

Comment

Hi
                                      Here is the new file i made for you .....if this don't work you have other problem ..to know if bios is working rsmrst 3.3V S5 3.3V do you have it caps light up on keyboard if pressed or usb mouse lighting up if yes to all bios is work enjoy.
                                      Techman1025
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                                        The original bios you uploaded was a mess noways it could have work ....so you just might have more then one problem do what i send start from point A and we will go from there.
                                        Techman1025

Comment

Working...
                                        X