Hitachi 32HXC01UB - Intermittent Blank Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi 32HXC01UB - Intermittent Blank Screen

I last posted about this box of aggro in 2016 on this forum.
    It's my main set, and yes I know, I could do better..!

I repaired the LED array in 2016 and again in 2018, it's vital to run the LEDS on LOW setting,which is what I was told to do by you guys.
    Current problem is this,occasionally screen will blank, audio is OK, shining a torch shows LED array is OFF,dim pictures still present,however on powering down by unplugging at mains supply and plugging back in 1 minute later, it sometimes fixes the fault.

I have the TV on soak at the moment,have accessed the service menu via MENU,4725 and performed a factory reset.I did upgrade the firmware in 2016 to Phoenix V.0.8.4, think I used a USB stick and the service menu to do this.Thanks to Reeceyburger123 for the help at the time.

Could the fault be corrupted firmware, or as I have yet to check, a fault on the power board 17IPS19-5 or the signals board VO66a 10089336 23175496.This info noted last time the rear cover was removed.
    Your help appreciated.
    Steve..
    Last edited by Jackplug 123; 03-02-2021, 07:37 AM. Reason: missing info.

Re: Hitachi 32HXC01UB - Intermittent Blank Screen

One further thought, I did have several power outages a month ago.
    The Reset for the timebeing seems to have done the trick and the TV currently works OK,touch wood!
    However any help/suggestions as to potential faults welcome!
    Cheers
    Steve

Comment

This Turkish delight had one more surprise in store for me, as an encore it decided to have another backlight failure!
      This will be the third repair since using the set.The backlight array seems to fail every 2 to 3 years even with the backlight set to LOW.
      Just finished fixing it and having a well earned cup of tea.
      This thread is solved for now.
      Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Hey it could be an intermittent led I’ve had this happen before, brand new led strips are £18 on eBay and last really good have a look pal ��
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I will do that next time it fails, the faulty led was intermittent,I run each strip of 11 leds on a thurlby power supply at 32 volts to test.Have spliced a led in for the time being.

Comment

Working...
          X