Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech harmony 900 old remote control help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech harmony 900 old remote control help.

Hi guys hope you all are all ok and over come covid19 in good heath,
    i was given an Logitech harmony 900 old remote control that belonged to a already deceased person, you guys do you know what can i do with it ,if i can do factory default and start knew to use it to program tvs ,i have the manual but i'm confused, it asks me for blasters that i don't have,i only have the remote and charger dock , any help would be appreciated

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...30eef8baa4.pdf

Re: Logitech harmony 900 old remote control help.

Do i really need this blaster in order to use this remote?

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Logi.../dp/B00F22Q82U

Comment

It does look like it will work as just a IR remote (the blasters are for R.F.) But you will likely need to program it via the Logitech software which can be downloaded.
      Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        It does look like it will work as just a IR remote (the blasters are for R.F.) But you will likely need to program it via the Logitech software which can be downloaded.
        Thanks R_J ,it looks like it for what i read in this blaster;
        Harmony 900 RF Receiver ('Blaster')

Harmony 900's RF-to-IR Blaster which is used to extend the ability of your Harmony 900 to control devices that are not in line-of-sight. The Harmony 900 can support up to six of these 'Blasters', though three is probably the most we have seen in any setup. You can select either a new or used Blaster. The used Blasters have been pulled from working setups and generally have some cosmetic wear, but function perfectly.

i downloaded software and it was installed on the remote successful, but it doesn't show me anything that i can use to program anything , and the remote only tells me that blaster not responding
        Last edited by ivtec; 03-15-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I am only familiar with the H628 which I don't use anymore. I would think the remote should work without the (R.F.) blasters. Can't you pick your device (ie:TV) in the software and the have it configure the remote?
          Point the remote at a camera, push some buttons and see if you see any IR emitting from the remote. It could be that the 900 does not have IR capability.

I can't find information regarding IR only operation, It could be that the 900 only communicates via rf with the blasters that then outputs
          the IR signal.
          Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I am only familiar with the H628 which I don't use anymore. I would think the remote should work without the (R.F.) blasters. Can't you pick your device (ie:TV) in the software and the have it configure the remote?
            Point the remote at a camera, push some buttons and see if you see any IR emitting from the remote. It could be that the 900 does not have IR capability.

I can't find information regarding IR only operation, It could be that the 900 only communicates via rf with the blasters that then outputs
            the IR signal.
            Yes i think so ,it only communicates with Rf, i tried to download software without the hub bluster but it doesn't have this module only shows till 700 series and doesn't connect to it always asking me to connect usb connection. well unless i buy a blaster and an IR ,this is not really a direct universal remote control which is shame . Thanks

Comment

Is there a usb connection on the remote? Does the PC recognize the remote when you connect it via usb?
              Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Yes there is a USB port on the Remote ,i was able to download software and it installed on remote ,but no way to set up anything else besides to work with baster,.

Comment

Yes there is a USB port on the Remote , i try to download software without blaster and RF but it doesn;t have software for the 900 series as you see in the pic ,i was only able to download software to work with blaster and it installed on remote ,but no way to set up anything else besides to work without baster,.[/QUOTE]
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ivtec; 03-15-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

this might help ..https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/...armonyRemote7x

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                      I installed that software in the win desktop and installed to remote but i see nothing in the remote control to set up it to contr0l tv ,only see set up to contrl through the blaster.

Yes there is a USB port on the Remote ,i was able to download software and it installed on remote ,but no way to set up anything else besides to work with baster,.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I can't see that the blasters or the hub are bi-directional I would think that the remote only transmitted TO the blasters, so there should be no way for the remote to know if the blasters are there or not.
                        But I could be totally wrong.
                        avsforum has a thread on the 900
                        Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I can't see that the blasters or the hub are bi-directional I would think that the remote only transmitted TO the blasters, so there should be no way for the remote to know if the blasters are there or not.
                          But I could be totally wrong.
                          avsforum has a thread on the 900
                          Thanks R_J ; i gave up on it already, it seems it only works with blasters with RI, when you turn it on first thing it asks for are can't detect blasters, I'm not going to buy blasters,not worth it,thanks

Comment

It can work as a standalone remote.. just don't ask me how... I have one ( currently for parts due to dead touchscreen ) which I was able to configure to work without the blasters, but that was long time ago and I only remember that it was hard - had to use the correct software version, the right settings etc... pain in the ass, but once you configure it, then you forget about it.

Comment

Logitech has ended all Harmony remotes.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                Logitech has ended all Harmony remotes.
                                I do not know what that means, but right now I have in front of me several "harmony one" remotes which are working just fine.
                                I even just reprogammed one of those remotes using the myHarmony software and my logitech account.
                                By the way, if anyone finds his harmony remote useless, I'll happily take it

Comment

It means Logitech no longer sales or supports harmony remotes, they all all end of life, there may be files etc to download but they no longer sell or support them.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                    It means Logitech no longer sales or supports harmony remotes, they all all end of life, there may be files etc to download but they no longer sell or support them.
                                    well, this does not make them obsolete or useless. Still, in my opinion, one of the best solutions to control lot's of home equipment.

Comment

Working...
                                    X