Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cpu/gpu capacitor short check with power supply possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cpu/gpu capacitor short check with power supply possible?

Hello, when vcore or gpucore is shorted to ground mostly it is because of dead chip...but sometimes it is dead capacitor.
    Is there any way with power supply to force that capacitor to heat? If i use one volt and one amper on power supply i believe thats too low for anything to heat...but increasing voltage or ampers i risk to burn a good cpu or gpu..
    Any suggestions to noob?

Re: cpu/gpu capacitor short check with power supply possible?

Use a thermal camera if you can't feel anything warming up.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

u must have PSU with high amperage to set 1V and 20A, because cpu and gpu chips have high temp dissipation. 1V 1A makes 1W which is nothing even for little capacitor

have tons of this intel crap faulty cpu
      Last edited by ktmmotocross; 07-30-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
        u must have PSU with high amperage to set 1V and 20A, because cpu and gpu chips have high temp dissipation. 1V 1A makes 1W which is nothing even for little capacitor

have tons of this intel crap faulty cpu
        Thank you! So, you are saying its safe to increase ampers without destroying cpu? But voltage set to 1v max?
        In short, i set max voltage to 1v, and increase amps from 1A to 20A (increase it by 1A) till i fill something warming up?

Comment

Originally posted by darkness77 View Post
          Thank you! So, you are saying its safe to increase ampers without destroying cpu? But voltage set to 1v max?
          In short, i set max voltage to 1v, and increase amps from 1A to 20A (increase it by 1A) till i fill something warming up?
          Current cannot damage good part if u have right voltage. Part take only as much current as tey need. Damaged part have low resistance that take as much current as its resistance. 1V x 20A = 20w which is enouht to see/pour Ipa and look for evaporation/ what part is bad.

Comment

@KTMMOTOCROSS ,Can you suggest a good dc supply with 20A. I have max 10A. Will invest if its good.

Comment

Working...
            X