X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    I'm sramp and I live in Italy. I am a software developer and I started my business more than 35 years ago. I am still working, but in a more relaxed mode. I am in love with electronics, but I lack the theoretical basis and practice. I discovered your website and forum a few weeks ago as I am struggling with a bios for a 2 year old Acer laptop. This was a lucky coincidence because, as a former MacOS developer, I have a lot of old Apple hardware in the basement. I started saving them and managed to repair an old Powerbook 180 laptop. All this old hardware needs to be recap, so I guess I could learn a lot here.
    Thank you all.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm Ben new in here fof some days, this site and forums are awesome, i'm here to fin a solution to my problem with Dell E7A8 bios, i read all about the Bios Request only section and did not found my answer.

What i look for is the methodology to unlock original dell bios files for the E7A8 labtops, i see some can make an unlocked file from the original, but i have a lot of computers to unlock and dont want to disturb everytime i have a lock bios labtop, so i'm looking for the methodology to make my own files for different models of dell labtop with E7A8 suffix. Does anyone have it ? Thanks by advance for helping me out guys.

Comment

Hi there everyone.
        I have found the forum while trying to sort out the problem afflicting my daughter's notebook. I am an Electronics Engineer by profession but have been working as a Project Manager for the last 17 years. Before that I that have worked a few years as a Software Engineer. I have had some experience with compiler generation tools and "C". Before all this, I had been an electronics hobbyist. Mostly analog projects I had selected from Elektor 300 & 301. I am nearing retirement now. I enjoy still being able to fix gadgets in this era of "designed to fail" electronics. Forums such as this one are just great.
        Thank you all very much.

11 y.o. Acer Aspire-5920G running Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
        Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz x 2

Comment

Good day, folks, I studied computer engineering / network management. I am in the search for sound quality in home audio. At the moment I am attempting to bring back to life an Harman Kardon AVR 335

Comment

Hello,
            I have came here because of my broken Macbook Air. I found the scematics here but i need more info about it.

Comment

Hi, im a 40y/o electrical engineer, super fan of computers and anything tech since I was very young. I don't work on tech stuff professionally but try to fix as much as I can at home.
              I found the forum as my laptop just crashed and I'm overwhelmed by the breadth and depth of info. I look forward to chatting more.

Comment

Hello New here and already excited to dig deeper into some of the posts.

Comment

Hi All,

London based 30. Learning to fix laptops at component level.

Already found some great stuff on here

Comment

Hello from Canada, currently trying to revive a laptop battery

Comment

Hello from London UK. I'm Max, trying to repair a Mackie ProFX12 v2 switching power supply. Very nice forum! Lots to learn. Thanks for sharing all this knowledge.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                        My name is Naser I'm computer repair Technician.
                        I hope everyone have a nice day 😀

Comment

Hi all, i'm from Porto,Portugal.
                          I Have interest in electronics and love to learn new things. Any thing i can help, i will.
                          Thank's.

Comment

Hi, I'm Ben from Ottawa Canada! I have always enjoyed fixing things, but many times have had to stop because I don't understand the next steps. I love tv's and have fixed a few simple things, but now I want to learn more. I want to be able to fix todays tvs...and also revamp old stereo components to be as good as new. That is my goal...and that is what I want to do for a job now. I want to take broken things and make them good!

Comment

Hello all,
                              So happy to have found this very specific and necessary resource.
                              Thank you.

P.S. My first computer was a 4k Tandy CoCo(Still works).

Comment

Hi. I'm Steve from NJ.

My first job out of High School (besides Radio Shack) was in the electronics repair shop at the local Sears. Worked there 8 years from 92 to 2000.

Somehow managed to get a degree in Electrical Engineering while still working... Sears actually paid for a lot of it.
                                Graduated in 2000 and left to work at a National Laboratory where I still am.

I've had good luck with the longevity of my electronics up until a lightening storm recently.

I'll be posting about this soon hopefully.

Steve

Comment

Hello, I`m Tiago from Brazil.

I work in a service that specializes in Apple products. When I`m not at work, I use my free time to study and repair laptops in general.

Verry happy to be here and hope to learn a lot whit you guys

Tiago.

Comment

Hello from Cali,

Looking to get information on DIY repairing some electronics and it seems like there are many knowledgeable and friendly folks here!

Thanks!

Comment

Nome: JAILSON VIDAL
                                      País: Brasil
                                      Estado: Rio de Janeiro
                                      Me amarro em participar de fóruns

Comment

Hello from Czechia.
                                        I'm currently trying to familiarize myself more with tv and pc repair and this seemed like a good place to do that.

Comment

Hello to everyone. Hope everyone is safe! I am Rod and just registered on this forum to seek help.

God bless to all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X