This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Eric and I found my way here googling around trying to find out what's wrong with my LG plasma TV (which is only 3 years old). I am engineer by trade, but not really much of a hobbyist. I have done some soldering but I'm not very good at it.

I do have some experience repairing TVs. Back in the CRT era, I had this NEC 26" that used to get a great picture via rabbit ears. But every so often, the picture would "snow up", as if the tuner was gradually drifting off. One of the first few times it happened, I must have released the "lock" on the recliner I was sitting in to get up, which then caused the recliner to kerthunk closed... instantly restoring the picture on the TV. In this way I was able to determine that percussive maintenance was called for. Unfortunately, this turned out to be habit forming. The TV needed to bit hit harder and harder, and with increasing frequency, eventually resulting in components inside tinkling their way somewhere into the bottom of the chassis.

Of course that poor battered television is long gone, and now I have moved on to a bigger and better TV that gives me no reason to think that hitting it is going to improve anything. Needless to say, I am confident that some of the folks here can provide vastly superior troubleshooting advice.

Comment

Hi, I am new to small electronic repair, but I have been told this is the place to come for great help. Thanks ahead of time

Comment

I am vizio owner with sound problems hope to fine an answer to how to fix it.

Comment

Great site found it when looking for help with a Jennifer-Air stove

Comment

Hello I'm Dre. Trying to repair tv. Samsung LN65B650X1F
            trying to find the correct 20 pin connector specs so I can replace. Will start a thread.

Comment

Good day, all. New to this forum. I was pleasantly surprised to find this site while searching for troubleshooting help. Seemed like most Google results led me to parts I didn't know I needed yet. Anyway, I'm electronic tech working for a government agency. We do a lot of troubleshooting down to cards then swap. I do my tinkering at home with broken tv's and pcs belonging to co-workers and relatives. They're cheap, so I stay busy.

I date back to days of Commodore Vic 20. It still works.

Again, thanks in advance for the expert advice I know is out there.

Roger

Comment

Hello all. Found this site while searching on an issue with my old TV - Sharp LC-52D64U.

Comment

Greetings All - I have been reading threads on fixes and thought I should join and just post my own thread of the issues I had to get some real answers. There are a lot of knowledgable people kicking around in here and thank them for their help in advance

Comment

My name is Jennifer I live in Las Vegas I'm a single mother who just bought my first home and I have realized that there is now many things that I can not have some one do for me and need direction to be able to take care of repairs my self

Comment

Hi!
                      Thank you!
                      Congrats on the info you share!
                      Cheers from Porto!

Comment

I just signed up because my tv broke .... kinda sorta .... and I wanted to post a question because i have scoured the net and havent found the answer.

If you wanna know about me, the darkest secret I have ..... is that I own a busted tv. I hope you guys can erase that from my history, so i can go on to live a happy life.

Comment

Hi my Name's Dave.
                          I'm looking for help with my 3008 Dell monitor.
                          I'm told this is the place.

Comment

I found this site due to picking up a couple very cheap panasonic plasma tvs that have the "7 blinks of death". I want to repair them and give them to family members. The information here is great

Comment

Hello all, my name is Scott. I'm rather new to electronics. I did a home study electronics course when I was 16 but that was a very long time ago. More recently, last year, during a mid-life return to school for Software Eng degree I did an embedded systems module which has relit a desire to know more. All that, a broken blender and some diy project ideas has me here.

Cheers from Edinburgh.

Comment

Hello, in a great search to help fix my LG TV, hopefully I've found the right place.

Comment

Hi,

New to this, Hoping to learn from this great site.

S

Comment

Hi - been lurking on the forum for a while now learning all the time. Managed to fix five monitors for myself, friends and family through following the good advice.

Fantastic site!

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hi,

My name is Roelof Jan and I hold a bachelor degree in mech. engineering (about to add a masters degree).

Interested in everything mechanical and electrical, i want to learn how to fix a scrap laptop i obtained. I have materials and equipment at hand.

told enough about me i guess...

Peace out

Comment

Hi there,
                                        I'm quite a while in electronic and GSM repair industry but recently interested in laptop repair. I found this place very helpful and interesting...

cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                          I like the electronics and saw that I use several pc for leisure and business, I found this forum very interesting for faults and repairs.
                                          Thanks for the great info and sorry for my (google) english!

bye bye

Comment

Working...
                                          X