This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone. You seem like a great, knowledgeable community. Google brought me here because I seek information about repairing my laptop's capacitor. I have an interest in motherboard repairs, but I am just a newbie. I hope I can use this board to expand my knowledge and eventually help with future inquiries.

Comment

hi

Comment

Thank's for being here. I'm Jeff from White Plains, NY. I happened upon this site as I was attempting to fix my friends Panasonic TH-42PX25. Panasonic said if the red light blinks 7 times it means to replace the power board (TNPA2889). I picked up one on ebay, installed it, and now it only blinks twice. What the hay? Thanks friends.

Comment

Hi having some issues with a Vizio XVT553SV so this is my first post to get full access to the site.

Comment

Hello, want to see if i could be able to get in hera to get access,
            picked upp my formet skills from electro from early 1990, now i started to do some
            hobby repair for fun.
            Educated electro and communication , graduation 1990 and work
            at Ericsson radar and so on.
            best regards Niklas.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Yosmany, I'm from Cuba. I've graduated two year ago in Telecommunications & Electronics engineering. I like to repair appliances like computer PSUs and motherboards.

Comment

Good Day,
                My name is Eric and I have been repairing and constructing electronics since the early 80'S. This forum has been a source of information and insparation for the past year. Only regret is I did not find it sooner
                Currently in the Technical/Sales side of industrial coding applications.
                Thermal Transfer, Hot Stamp, etc.

Comment

I come from consumer electronics industry. I like doing DIY repairs in my freetime. Also in to DIY audio electronics. An unidentifiable aluminum electrolytic capacitor I bought from Taipei yesterday, brings me here...

Comment

Hey folks, college music student here with a passion for gaming. Suffering from some problematic screen issues, and looking forward to your help as well as expanding my electrical engineering knowledge! Thanks guys!

Comment

Hello. I am a new member, brought here by a malfunctioning Vizio XVT473SV. Great site so far, impressed with the amount of knowledge archived here.

Comment

This place is great! Thanks everyone for this great resource. I hope to add some of my own. I have been fixing stuff all my life. What brought me here was a bad sony vaio laptop that had some shorted caps near the power feed to the moboard. $0.04 saved me $1200!

Now to work on the smd soldering skills....

Comment

MPHORSMAN 45 yrs. in the TV repair biz

Comment

Hello all,
                            I've learned about this site by Googling some issues I've had with some graphics cards, TVs, and monitors. I figured that I'd finally join. Your site has helped me repair an old graphics card, for fun and to see if I could, and a perfectly functional monitor aside from 6 caps on it. Thanks! Keep on keepin on!

Brett

Comment

Everyone will forgive me if I do not read through ALL the pages here with introductions. LOL.

Real name is : Steve. I usually sign off messages with S-

Please do not think I'm being curt or offensive, it's just how I've signed off on messages for the last 15 years or so on various forums.

That being said: I have been working as an electronics/arcade tech/store manager/field manager/etc... for the last 20 years. We do not get into much board level repair work, as much as swapping to confirm bad units--then they get sent back to a bench tech that knows far more then I do.

I also do a great deal of work on other forums for automotive. Eric the car guy, Ranger Station, and New Beetle (the wife's car).

Training is an A.O.S. degree in automotive tech, automotive tech for 4 years. Boces trained in electronics, and 'factory' trained for arcade game repairs by Edison Brothers Stores back in the 90's when I left the automotive repair field. Yes I'm a big shade tree mechanic in my spare time and love getting dirty with cars and trucks for my family.

Currently working on a Westinghouse 32" TV that I picked up from a gentleman from Phoenix, NY. Very nice guy, probably in his late 60's and can run circles around most for his electronics knowledge. (It's all he has been doing his entire life starting with tube amps and radios). He replaced the broken screen--but we had the dreaded inverter fail..and I'll just start a new thread once my account gets approved. I'd love to repair it--rather not pitch it out, it does have a brand new screen already--

More on that later.....

Have a great day all! Look forward to working out this TV buggerbutt with the group.

S-

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm not a bot.

Comment

Hey everyone I'm pretty good with computers I'm self taught and been tinkering with them a few years now's. But my main love is bikes crit h to jets and thumpers. I've been messing around and riding them since 1973. But my occupation is aftermarket tech on cars alarms stereo navigation.remote start and such. Well that sickens it up.

Comment

Hello my name is William

Comment

Hi I am troubleshooting a Plasma TV for the first time and wanted someone to double check my work to ensure I am on the right path. Thanks

Comment

hi.......im larry from philippines
                                          electronics/electrical and comtech.........tanx

Comment

Working...
                                          X