This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Relatively inexperienced repair man, hoping to expand my skill set. Joe's the name hope to learn what I can from this incredible forum.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi!! My name is Manny. My hobby is repairing things like amplifiers, TV, plumbing, cars, etc. I am happy to be a member of this forum.

Comment

hi all great info on here im working on some TV's

Comment

Hi, enthusiastic new joiner trying to fix my TV

Comment

Hi my name is Alan and I'm a construction manager in the Los Angeles area. My computer experience goes back to the apple 11e days, dos, and all the damn SCSI cables (still got-um). Yea I'm an old guy 63 with 3 sons, love bass fishing, photography and now getting interested in drones and flight sims.

I did a goggle search for basic monitor repairs and here I am. One of my 3 year old Dell U22410 monitors out of nowhere has vertical flickering lines across the entire screen.

Thanks in advance for any repair tips, got to go my wife is trimming the Christmas tree with sheet metal shears.

Comment

Hello all. From my quick tour, seems like some great topics! I hope to contribute where I can.

Cheers

Comment

Hi my name is Joe. I'm a rookie to electronics, but I love to tinker and repair things. I'm a USMC veteran, got out in 97, served 7 years. My background is very diverse, mostly in the manufacturing industry – wheelchairs, stainless steel wine tanks, structural steel, and water tanks, currently working in the plastic extrusion industry. My hobbies are computer building, automotive repair, home improvement, gaming and recently electronic repair. I just finished my first two projects – 22” Acer monitor with bad caps, 34” Sony wega HDTV, replaced bad IC chips with new sockets and installed new chips. I look forward to learning new things and get educated. And have fun doing it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blavergne View Post
                    Hello all. From my quick tour, seems like some great topics! I hope to contribute where I can.

Cheers
                    hey, a local, welcome!
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Hi I'm Steve aka Painer, cause I'm a major pain in the neck. I use to be just a corporal but then I had neck surgery and that failed, hence the promotion.

I'm a tinkerer, I love trying to fix things, to recycle things that others have thrown away. I live on a disability pension so money is tight. But I love keeping my mind active and learning new things.

I hope I can learn things from being here..

Comment

Hi I'm Thomas need some help with a macbook pro logic board gpu reflow waiting for the restriction to release so I can post a thread. Thanks

Comment

Hi I'm Marge. I live in the Philippines. I love being a tech, tinkering computers and other electronic related devices!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I have litteraly zero experience with any kind of component level repair nor can I provide any computer technical assistance...which is pretty much the reason why I am here. A buddy of mine had a LG 42J350 plasma TV which doesn't power on and he gave it to me so I could have a go with it. Problem is, as I mentioned, I have no clue what to do and when I looked online the name "tom66" popped up a couple times and as he appears on this forum a lot I thought why not join. So Tom, if you read this, please contact me of let me know how I can contact you. Many thanks!

Comment

Hi there,I'm Barry, I'm 34, English and living with my girlfriend in Denmark. I've always been into repairing things such as ps2's, xbox's, monitors, and computers. Usually I will find what I need via google as almost always there is someone somewhere that has experienced the same thing.

This time I have come up with nothing and for the first time ever I have joined a forum in the hope that I can find some help.

Although I'm not really the type to spend much time chatting online or on forums (at least not for a long time), I'm a nice guy and hope to solve my problem and/or any future problems here.

Thanks.

Comment

Hallo, i'm going mad with my monitor and...here i am!

Comment

Hello Badcaps.net forum. My first computer was a Apple III that I upgraded while recovering from shoulder surgery and have been hooked ever since. I have a couple of bad LCD monitors and 32" HDMI CRT monitor that I just can't throw away thus why I have found this place.

Comment

Hello

Hi
                                    My Name is Tim and I live in Cornwall in the U.K.
                                    I retired early 2 years ago and have worked as an Electronics repair technician for many years. I worked for Honeywell Avionics Systems repairing aviation equipment for 18 years, working on a wide variety of equipment.

In order to keep me busy and earn a little beer money I've recently started repairing and re-selling televisions.

I've been into computing from the start and my first computer was a Sinclair ZX81 with 1k of RAM until I upgraded to the massive 16k expansion pack which was as big as the computer. How things have changed. Over the years I've built and repaired many systems but find the software loading so so tedious these days; I'm more into the hardware side.

Anyway, what a brilliant forum this is, I am amazed how many friendly and helpful people there are out there. Let's hope I can contribute a little.

Comment

Hey There )))))))))))))waves to everyone(((((((((((((.
                                      There isn't anything that peeves me more than not being able to fix something myself that should not be broken already in the first place. I'm not talking about oooops things but just it should still be working right things.

I'm a shameless tinkerer, am 59 and stubborn about giving up on fixing things which is what led me here.

and yes ... i will probably ask less than stellar questions to start with.

Comment

Hello from Latvia!
                                        IT Administrator with some knowledge in hardware.
                                        Was reading Badcaps as KB for long time and finding answers, but there always some unanswered questions - so here i am. Hope that i can help with my own experience in laptop, monitor and motherboard repairs.

Comment

Hello, I'm a complete nube to all of this but thanks to bad caps I've already brought a 42" sony tv back from the landfill and have my targets set on many more, I am armed with a multimeter/soldering iron and a willingness to learn, I live in devon, united kingdom with a very tolerant wife

Comment

Working...
                                          X