This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

This is my first post. I go by the name Electronicjoe. I am retired at this time doing some occasional consulting work in the area of nuclear safeguards. I earned a BSEE in 1965 and then an MS and PhD in Applied Mathematics. I always loved electronics and enjoy electronic repair and restoration as a hobby.
    I live in Miller Place New York, on the north fork of Long Island. I used to repair color TV's when they had CRT's, with tubes or transistors. I am interested now in learning about the new flat screen LCD and plasma jobs.
    I think I am going to enjoy this forum.
    Joe

Comment

Looking forward to participate in the community.

Comment

Hello everyone! just got here this evening hoping to learn new things from you masters. Glad that i found this thread. cant see the post button :/

also Ill this chance to ask if its ok to a 330 d capacitor on an nec 0E907? I would highly appreciate it if you could send me your answer through pm because I dont know how to get back 'on this thread :x

Comment

acer 5749z it dead

Comment

acer 5749z it dead,ac power plug in cpu fan it running 5sec ,i press power butten no power on.
            1 5v,3v it comming
            help me sir

Comment

Hello, new to the forum. I have been in the IT field for 15 years and have always liked the break/fix work and tinkered a little bit with electronics. I quit my job to pursue self employment, which was supposed to be day trading and buying broken tech to repair or part out and sell. Well, I ended up landing myself #1 on Google for "sell my broken lcd tv cleveland" and many similar searches involving broken LCD tv's after I realized how much a large working TV can sell for and how little people are willing to sell the broken ones for.

So here I am, I have 3 TV's on my bench currently and am getting bombarded with messages daily. I'm pretty thrilled and I think this is the best way to support my family right now, but the problem is I have little experience with component level repair and diagnosis. I have fixed a couple so far by replacing modular components i.e. whole power supply or logic board. My dad is an electrical engineer and builds tube amps etc so I'm going to use him as a resource when I can, but this forum looks to be a great starting place for me.

Comment

Hi everyone. Fantastic to see people lending a hand to those starting out and/or banging their head on the bench! I'm an audio-visual tech, spent some time in the Army doing communications and now run an audio-visual hire/installation business. Link here www.itav.tv Thanks in advance and well done to those who founded/maintain badcaps, it's a credit to the industry.

Comment

Hi, i'm new here. I'm in the field of computer repairs (shallow to average level). This forum is very interesting and informative. Kudos to the founders.

Comment

My name is Rob, I live in Cherry Hill NJ. I joined because I'm having an issue with my LCD TV not powering on. I have some basic technical skills, but that is all. My efforts to find an authorized repairman in my area have been unsuccessful, and it is made more difficult because my issue is intermittent. I'll pay $100 for a visit and I just know the TV will be working when they come! Looking forward to learning.

Comment

Hi All, I am following orders as dictated in my welcoming email from Head Stooge, and replying as indicated to the link marked "this thread." I like this site so far!

My boss likes to pretend I can fix things for which I'm not really qualified. I made the error of sticking my big nose into a problem a while back, and managed to repair it. I've suffered ever since. Let no good deed go unpunished.

At any rate, I have a question for the forum. And like my skill set, it's pretty basic. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to ask it. Meanwhile, I'm getting paid to fumble around, which is okay as long as I look like I know what I'm doing.

Tom

Comment

Hello

Comment

Just saying Hi! I have a lot of (5) 32" Insignia TVs. They are not powering on and I can't find anything that looks bad on the power supply board. Going to find my multimeter now. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello! I am just some guy from New Jersey with a problematic 50" LG plasma. Hoping to get a bit of advice. I am pretty handy with technology but this is my first foray into tvs.

Comment

Hi to everyone,
                              a brief introduction to myself ,i trained as a tv engineer in the uk 25 years ago left the repair scene in th 90's when things started to become cheap and throwaway
                              Returned to electronics when became fascinated by microcontrollers and Iot a year ago , a friend found out i could repair things and have fixed a couple of sky boxes recently , now i am starting to get asked to fix things so thought it time to brush up on electronics , bought a couple of decent books off amazon re electronics theory , some of it appears to be coming back to me , then found this forum which appears to be the bridge between theory and real world products
                              looking forward to getting really stuck into fault finding again
                              ps Looking at the size of some of the smd bits a new set of eyes or a bigger magnifying glass may be needed

Comment

Hi all.. my name is Nick I live in AZ and I hope to lean lots from yall.. and fix my tv lol

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a 50pa5500 I took buffer bord out no picture but have sound. Did the top left buffer board n no half screen any suggestions ty

Comment

I've fixed TVs before but this has me stumped?? Any help would be great

Comment

<Waves> Electronic nerd to a point. First time dabbing into TV repair

Comment

Hello im new in here and would like to get my plasma TV working again

Comment

Hi I'm new here and having picture problems with my led tv��

Comment

Working...
                                          X