This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am an electronics engineer from Greece with many years of experience.
    I really enjoy that technical forum. I have some experience in electronics repair and smd rework. I like to repair laptops and pc monitors but generally I try anything that can be serviced or tweaked.
    I believe that anything seems broken can be modified-reused.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm new to component level fixing and my only experience with soldering some of those funny little things together was at shool. It was fun, but I didn't think I would be doing it ever again.

However, I realized how much trash is produced by throwing away electronic devices because they are "broken". And I mean broken in a way, where the device seems to be in a marvelous condition, except for "that one little component" that burned away or was malproduced. So I'm interested in repairing things (hopefully with your kind help) to avoid producing unnecessary trash and because I like most of the devices I own and I want to use them further...

Kind regards
      Max

Comment

Hi,
        I'm new here, my name is Gil
        I found here very good source of information and also hope to contribute my experience.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

hello to everyoneee i'm paolo IT engineer and i'm really happy to join this community!!!

Comment

Just to say hello to all members of the forum. My name is Stefan. I am an electronics amateur from Romania with many years of experience. I happened across this forum while searching for information about a various electronic components. I like to repair anything that can be serviced or tweaked. I am build a various electronic circuits for home.
              Thanks for allowing me to your forum.

Comment

Hi,

Just signed up as I'm having an issue with my insignia NS-LCD32-09 TV turning on and off.

jcg

Comment

Another new member trying to fix their TV. I haven't much experience in actually fixing LCDs but very comfortable working on PCs and some other equipment so am not too intimidated.

Comment

Hi my name is Casey. A few months ago I opened a general electronic repair shop here in Palatka FL, I found this place here and looks to be a excellent resource of information. I started with phone repair back years ago in the days of analog, moved into computer repair and from that I have moved into more of a range of general repair. I am looking to expand my knowledge of board level repair and soldering techniques. Before I dig in here I want to thank everyone here that is active and contributes. Without the contribution of time and information of others a lot of us would be out on our butts.

Comment

I am from Toronto. Not good at electronics. Searching the web for info and come across this site. A lot of good info here, I am sure I can learn a lot from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi All
                        Looking forward to join this new community!
                        thaanks

Comment

Hello, cool forum.

Comment

Hello !

I am an electronics technician from germany and currently working on a bad toshiba lcd tv power supply unit. It seems as if the fault ist not an bad cap but the switching control ic, but i am not yet finished with troubleshooting.

Greetings from northern Germany !

Comment

Hi everyone, just creating a "hello" post so I can post a new thread for an issue I'm having. Personally not very savy with electronics so hoping to get some help.

Comment

Hi, thankyou.

Comment

Hello !!!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, I'm Andrew aka Nerfinator. I've been a lurker on this site for a while and it's been a great resource, so I've decided to take the plunge and become a member. Nice meeting all of you and thank you for the knowledge you share.

Comment

Hey all!

Just signed up though I found the site a few months back when my monitor died. While I purchased a new monitor I've been wanting to clear some space to fix the dead one. So here I am back again. Managed to get the thing apart which wasn't easy (Viewsonic 2255) but the caps all look good I'll be digging around the forums for pointers and might even post a question or two. Thanks for listening!

Stuart

Comment

Hi

I've been playing around with computers since the Apple II. Today, I provide consulting services to small businesses and maintain PC's for clients as a part time job.

Recently, I just started trying to fix an LCD TV and monitor, and this looked like a great place to get some guidance.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                          X