This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all. Wow, lots of info here. Hope to learn how to do some things myself rather than pitching electronics in the trash!

Comment

Hi folks, im Rob from NB, Canada. Been playing with electronics all my life, professionally since 1999. By day, im a tech at our local hospital's cancer treatment center working mostly on Linacs, X-ray and ultrasound machines. By night, I have a small recording studio at home and love to record and mix local bands. Thanks for letting me in, this looks like a cool place to hang out.
      Cheers
      Rob

Comment

Hi All,
        I'm Adam from NY. I'm a mechanical engineer and have been tinkering with my electronics, computers, etc for a while.
        Thanks for keeping up this forum. The amount of information here is fantastic.

Comment

Hi,
          I'm a software engineer from Atlanta, GA. No real experience with electronics outside of shop class in high school and my physics course in college! Just learning to tinker with some things... Thanks to everyone who contributes here and makes it such a great resource.

Comment

HI i have acer aspire E1-431 NO POWER

No blinks no charging lights how to rectify thsi problem
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello all! I am a Small Managed Service Provider and Computer/Electrical Repair Shop in small Wyoming! I'm excited to contribute, and get some aide in a Proscan Tv I'm having issues with.

Comment

Hi there! A long time lurker finally joins.
                Software engineer with a hobby of repairing stuff

Comment

Hi! My Samsung TV broke, trying to fix it.

Comment

Hi, I have quite some background in electronics, but not too much hands-on practical stuff. Trying to download some service manuals here to correctly disable and locate the right parts of my Samsung SM305T plus....

Comment

Hi everyone,

Names John and i'm from Ireland. I own a small repair shop which mostly deals with smart phones, tablets, laptops and the like. Recently i've been getting an influx of faulty monitors and LCD tv's and this site has been a wealth of knowledge so thanks to all the contributors.

Comment

Hi All,

My name is Mike and I have joined this forum after an issue developed with my Samsung TV. A quick google search indicated this brand suffers from bad power boards due to faulty capacitors. I attempted preliminary repair by replacing some of the caps to no avail. A further search of my TV model number led me to this site with others apparently experiencing the same issue. I am a mechanical engineer but have some interest in electronics and in general try to fix as many things around the house as I am able to as things are always breaking and I would go broke replacing them otherwise.

Comment

Hi- I'm Mike

Comment

Hi I'm Mike

Comment

Hi everyone!
                              My name is Ravi.
                              Greetings to each and everyone here.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                I am here because of my dell latitude e6400 admin password.

Comment

Hi guys,
                                  I'm Paolo from Italy,
                                  It's almost 25 years I repair TV sets and Home appliance,I'd love to say less,but that's real ,I,m 50 years of age!!!
                                  I have a Workshop in the region of Emilia Romagna (North of Italy) and hope to get more friends and collegues here than before.
                                  I'm not very good in English,this is a good way to improve my knowlwdge at it.

Paolo

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Ronald from The Netherlands, living up north nearby Leeuwarden, electronics is a hobby of me.
                                    Studying engineering at the moment, always thought electronics and engineering is a good combination.

Comment

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Choua. I am pretty new to this type of thing. I recently picked up some electronics from college and wanted to expand myself in this type of field.

I have picked up 3 tvs... (Vizio e42i)broken screen, (forgot this brand)one had a green tint to it, and the last one (vizio m421)has ribbon damage. I intended on finding a replacement for the first one but failed. They supposedly have on best buy parts for 250. no thanks... the second one the wife told me to put it somewhere or throw it. sadly i threw it out. a working 42in LCD panel... then i paid $80 for the last one. i opened the sucker up to find one e221612 20706 cable form t-con to lcd screen was punctured from the stands screws. i put it back together and like an idiot. damaged the other ribbon as i put it back together. i found that out after i took it all apart again.

so if it helps me to find e221612 20706 cables, that would be awesome.

if not... i wanted to know if you could somehow jump lvds cables from one to another? like jumping e221612 20706 to e221612 20861 lvds cable

Comment

I hope I finally have this right. I just want 2 help when I can

Comment

Hello. Newbie.

Comment

Working...
                                          X