This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi I am Lfnprvkd, just something cool and hip I have used before its life unprovoked without the vowels, I am something of a newbie in many ways. I still have a long way to go with some stuff, but my background is computers. I grew up working on computers hardware and software networks everything you could imagine. eventually I moved into roller coasters and settled into control systems kind of a weird life path... I know I will enjoy getting to know you and help you the way I hope you guys can help me

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Terry and I live in Washington state.

Comment

Hello, Duane here! Once a computer technician back in the early 2000's now in video production and fix stuff on the side for fun! Glad to be apart of the family!

Comment

hello
          i am michael
          i live in australia
          i am into regulated Mosfet power supplies, valve amplifiers and making stuff

Comment

hello everyone great forum

Comment

Hi all,

I'm, new and seeking some info for a problem my visio 55" tv.
              I am an elect eng but don't do very much pwb debug (especially w/o schematics)
              I added my post to an active thread and would appreciate any suggestions.
              Thanks
              Steve

Comment

Re: New Member. Radiorat

Hi Folks
                Well here is a few words about Me. I am Irish and 57 yo. Living in a beautiful coastal village in the south west (fishing is awsome). Educated and trained as an electrical engineering technician way back when chips were accompanied by fish. My first career was in the north sea Diving industry, NDT, MPI and all things electrical underwater on oil platforms drill ships etc. Two children arrived so I moved into industry onshore in the 90s eventually owning my own company employing 23.

Had to retire after the heart problem in 09 and so I got stuck into my hobby, Old time wireless radio Valve (tubes in the US). I have a collection of about 50 or so radios. Nowadays I am interested in repairing all things electrical. I just seem to get lost in a circuit and will not give up until I find the offending culprit. Typical of my day, Yesterday I repaired the electrical door locking mechanism on a neighbors car, then an electric blanket controller and finally striped out an led tv for parts. (screen cracked).

So thats me folks, Always interested in learning and helping if I

Radiorat.

Comment

Hello.
                  I want to repair my ASUS n55sf, have some problems with bios

Comment

Hallo all, I'm the new one, maybe i will be here often ;-)
                    sorry for my bad english, i am from germany

Comment

The newest newb, here, sounding off...got into electronics when I went in the Air Force in '79 maintaining avionic test equipment. I liked it until I got 115VAC 3 phase in one elbow and 250VDC in the other; come to think of it, that was also the last time I danced...Since then, I've been lots of places doing lots of things, while electronics evolved. Hexidecimal and digital electronics was just coming on line...While my computer is old, it was pretty good, for a homemade system - it's outlived 3 Dells and an HP...just sayin'... I made it using:
                      500W Power supply (manufacturer forgotten)
                      ASUS M2N-PV Mobo
                      4GB Kingston RAM
                      ATI Radeon HD3650 1GB video card
                      (2) Seagate Barracuda SATA 320GB (160GB ea)
                      (2) Sony DVD-RW

...and other whistles and bells that make it mine. Believe it or not, I'm still running XP Pro. One lesson learned in the AF - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Hello people,

I do computer repair and have touched a few TVs. I noticed a thread here (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40922) that is close to the issue I am facing with my current TV project. As soon as the system will allow I will start a thread for it.

Comment

Hello,

I am an engineering student from Spain and a fond of electronics and repairs in my free time.
                          I think that his forum is very interesting with lots of technical information and help from users.

Regards,

Dr_Zaius

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Kevin, from Michigan. I run a construction business and not too computer literate. I prefer to learn and repair on my own rather than take it in for astronomical amount of money. Ive repaired our clothes dryer a few times, washing machine a couple times, furnace, and now diving into repairing my TV. The amount of info on the web now for DIYers is unbelievable. I have learned to repair things for under $10 / $20 where it would cost an arm and a leg to have a service repair man do it. I'm glad I came across this site. I was having so much trouble just finding the dawg gone service manual for my TV. I have full faith that I will accomplish my repair with the info on this site!
                            Thank you in advance............

Comment

Hi de I'm just into learning new things.

Comment

Hi All,
                                New to this forum, joined to find info on fixing a plasma tv I have inherited. I have been reading some of the posts and everyone seems really helpful and freindly. I started of rebuilding PC's and network stuff, but TV's are a complete mystery to me! All and any help appreciated!

Ted

Comment

Hey hey. New member hoping to have more luck with the diagnostic tips on this board than I've found elsewhere

Comment

Hi all,im new to this.

Comment

I am new the site, hopefully I can learn some...and in the process it may help me to do some repairs when needed.

Comment

Hiya I'm Dan from the UK, looking forward to using the forum and boosting my plasma knowledge!

Comment

I have a 32" magnavox TV that after being on for about 45-60 min the screens goes black, but still has sound.
                                          Any ideas what could be wrong and how to repair it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X