This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all! My name is Steve, I have an A.A.S. in Avionics and i'm an electronics bench technician at a local airport.

Comment

Hi,

I'm Todd and I am an electronics tech with a formal education care of Uncle Sam and the U.S. Navy. I was one of the last classes which received component level repair training; everything is now board level or module level. It has been some time since I have had to really trouble shoot a circuit, so I am a bit rusty.

I came upon this site while trying to figure out how to repair a power supply by using parts which I have available to me. I am deployed right now so I do not have access to a parts store and ordering on line would take a long time to receive the parts.

So hopefully I can get the help I need and reignite the fun of component level repair.

Comment

Hi all,

No One particularly special. Name and user name the same Doug Diamond. I am here because of a possibly dieing TV and look to get some information since it appears so limited else where.

Retired law enforcement officer currently have a Florida statewide private investigative agency...

Thanks all!

Comment

hello

Comment

I would just like to say thanks to badcaps,
            I have been learning loads more than i ever would if i was studying electronics, my main skills are PC & Laptop repairs and in terms of software i work with all the main OS out there including Linux, a lot of software problems i fix using remote connection
            I have nearly 20 years PC/Laptops repairs experiance but recently started to do TV and amplifiers so badcaps has been an excellent source of info for me

Comment

Hello everyone,

This forum is an awesome resource and ive fixed many tvs with the information found here! However ive met my match and its time to post my own problem!

Comment

Hi, My name is Aaron and I am somewhat new to the whole electronics thing but have always been fascinated by it. My only "training" or "education" on the matter consists of the many things I have taken apart over the years.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Brian and self proclaimed hacker. I don't care to get into anyone's personal info, i just wanna get free internet for whoever i can (Backtrack/Wifiway). Lately i have been learning to reset bios passwords on laptops and that's what i'm mainly here for. So hello everyone and nice to meet you all.

Comment

oh yah, I can fix bad on-board video chips on laptop motherboards and flat-screen TV's.

Comment

Hello all newbe here
                      I hope to get a bit of education as I am pretty new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I joined the forum to lern a bit about what problem I could be faceing and how to go about trying to fix it myself. I own a LG47LH40 TV and it suddenly changes picture from a nice vivid pix to a much darker display, then stays that way. It was an intermitted problem but this time it seems to be staying permenantly dark. I am wondering If anyone else has had a problem like this and where in the forum would be my next stop. I thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.. Its a shame to toss the TV... Id like to try and do the repair myself .... worst I can do is break a broken TV right? thanx to all JS

Comment

Hey folks! Obviously I'm another fix it myself kinda guy. I found this forum while(and still) trying to fix my Vizio tv and found lots of helpful info so far.

Comment

Hello fellow tinkerers,
                          I've been breaking electronics for almost two decades, figured I'd try my hand at flat-screens. Of all the places on the internet, this seems to be the gold mine for component level repair knowledge, so here I am. Acquired a Panasonic Plasma with a bad board, perfect opportunity to bust out the ole' rework station. If all else fails I'll bake it in the oven, it's worked before!

Nice to meet everyone, I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you guys!
                          "You can only learn so much doing simple recapping and fixes. Ideally you want a really hard one to fix where you end up with a lot of dead ends and frustration. Then, and only then, do you learn how things really work."

-retiredcaps

Comment

hello
                            i'm Domenico from Italy.
                            I'm am a cellular's technician. I'm here to learn pc repairing and may can help you for mobile phones...
                            This forum rulez!!

Comment

Hello, Dag Arne From Norway, formally educated as an electronic tech, when it still was fordable to repair AV/comp equip, back in 80/90s. Havent been practiced much lately, and need some updating, and this site was good on electronicknowledge.

Comment

Hey ya'll-- Patrick from Birmingham, AL here. Thanks for all the INCREDIBLE tech knowledge! Can't wait to contribute!

Comment

Bryan here,
                                  Software Engineer, mobile phone application developers, quadcopter and 3d printer owner, and now I want to get deeper into fixing all my own electronics. I'm tired of electronics costing more to fix than they are worth. I enjoy cracking things open, fixing and customizing.

Thanks

Comment

Hello all. I'm Jeff. I reside in Florida. I'm a technician by trade (mostly computers) always wanting to learn more. I love troubleshooting and taking things apart to find out how they work. I'm excited to contribute and learn. Thanks!

Comment

Hey all, I'm a photo enthusiast hoping to pick up some information to fix my broken 11 year old Samsung Syncmaster 244T. I'm not much of a tinkerer but I'm hoping to fix that!

Comment

Hello all! My name is Tomislav and I come from Bosnia in Herzegovina.
                                        I'm doing a service laptop, I hereby want to welcome you all

Comment

Hi all. My names Steve and l've jsut joined this cool forum.

I'm hoping l can charm some of you guys into helping me solve my technical probs. At the minute l'm struggling with a toshiba 40l1333b LED TV.

I live in England, but don't let that put you off!! Looking forward to chatting to you guys and having some fun.

Comment

Working...
                                          X