This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I've replaced a few caps in couple TVs and a monitor, also an electronics hobbiest & play with micro controllers.
    Nice to meet ya'll

Comment

Hey, just here to see if anyone can diagnose my TV problem

Comment

Hello Everyone, Could really do with some help trying to repair a tv for my daughter

Comment

Hi From Israel,

Opened a user because I have Dell 2007WFP that start to smoking....

Comment

First time user looking for help troubleshooting tv problem

Comment

Hello to all. I found this forum while searching out a fix for the display board on my Jennair wall mount oven, hence the user name. This will be the second display board that has gone bad on me in less than 10 years, and at $300 a pop, I figured I would try the capacitor fix first and see if I can save a few bucks.

I used to do electrical assembly back in the late 1970's, building meteorological data sondes (missiles). I really don't have any electrical aptitude though, I do appreciate DIY fixes.

I enjoy listening to record albums on my Fisher 800B tube receiver through 1970s era Klipsch Heresy speakers.

I may frequent this forum due to multiple electronics problems with new technology. Seems I may have a hard drive that may have blown caps also.

Well, time to dust off the soldering iron and get to work!

Thanks for the forum!

Comment

Hey,

I'm working on a "No Power" ViewSonic vx2835wm that slowly died. First time inside display. Fun! Already read a ton of threads. You folks are amazing!

--

Comment

Hello,

I am here looking for guidance on capacitor testing for one of my projects.

Comment

Hello everyone and thanks for contributing to this forum, your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Joined to get help with fixing my PC power.

Comment

Hey all, just here to get some help with 7 blinks on my TC-P50S30. Seems the folks around here have a great amount of knowledge!

Comment

Hi. This looks like a great forum. Will post more intro later. Gotta run.

-Gary-

Comment

Hello guys,
                            I'm one of those IT guys which knows a lot about PC/Laptops and other related devices.
                            Used to repair motherboards, flash diferent devices with regular and specific firmware...so on and so on!

So nice to meet you all ..

Comment

Hello,

I am now working as IT, but I have secondary electronics school diploma and some experience with electronics repairs. I know basics how transistors, diodes and all passive electronics works. Now I have maybe one repair per month because of lack of time - mainly netbooks, notebooks, shartphones, tablets, some home electronics . Most of repairs are straight-forward (like bad capacitors in thread) but some are really hard and then I'm looking for help on-line. As I'm from Poland my English may be sometimes hard to understand - sorry for that. I'm glad I've joined such a great community. Damian

Comment

Hey all,

I'm a former student of electronics and telecommunications and I registered to seek some help repairing a failing LCD Monitor.
                                I've done some repairs myself, but I need some additional help on this one. I hope you can help me and I hope to help others too when I have the knowledge to.

Thanks!

Comment

I am very happy to partipar this forum, I am electronics technician 30 years in Brazil, 10 years in the area of computers and notebooks hope to exchange information with the members of this forum and can make new friends and learn more and more

Comment

Hello, I am from Canada. I find this forum is very informative especially for someone like me who is a beginner in the electronics field. I managed to fix 2 monitors with capacitors problem on the power control board. There is a great sense of achievement of fixing the TVs or the Computer Monitors at home especially the compliments from my wife !!! HA!

I am sure that I will learn a great deal from this forum. Thanks.

Comment

Here is what i think should be said about me. I live by it.

Highlights of Qualifications:
                                      • Extensive computer experience
                                      • Very qualified using: Unix, MacOS, Dos, MS Windows Operating Systems
                                      • Orca/C, Computer Graphics Generation, Digital Imaging - Photoshop
                                      • Computer Audio, Digital Telecommunications, Interfacing
                                      • Licensed in Canadian Amateur Radio
                                      • Demonstrated ability to maintain, diagnose and repair computer and A/V gear
                                      • Great working knowledge of computer and media technology
                                      • Excellent interpersonal skills and fast learner
                                      Work Experience:
                                      Media Technologist 1997 - 2013
                                      • Preparation, distribution, maintenance and repair of Broadcast Equipment
                                      • Installation, service, instruction of use of Educational Media Equipment
                                      • Scheduling of equipment and personnel
                                      • Troubleshooting and solution solving
                                      Overnight Support Associate 2008 – 2010
                                      • Customer Support for the Frozen Foods Section
                                      • Planning, executing, distribution and stocking of frozen foods
                                      • Monitoring climate controls for frozen/meats/bakery/deli & fresh produce
                                      • Maintaining standards in frozen foods/goods inventory system
                                      Media Technologist 1984- 2005
                                      • Preparation and setup of Audio/Visual Translation equipment
                                      • Recording of conferences in multiple formats
                                      • Routine repair and maintenance of recording gear
                                      • Scheduling of personnel and equipment
                                      Auto Parts Remanufacturer 1991 - 1993
                                      • Measurement of serviceable limits and tolerances of remanufacturing auto parts
                                      • Utilized meters, calibrators and scales
                                      • Inventory of parts and stock control
                                      • Remanufacturing of auto parts and maintained quality control
                                      Avionics Installer 1989 -1990
                                      • Installation of communication and navigation avionics systems
                                      • Preparation of wiring harnesses, installation of special devices
                                      • Troubleshooting and interpretation of electronic schematics
                                      Electronic News / Field Producer 1987 -1988
                                      • Technical Supervision
                                      • Location camera, audio operator / producer, location staging and lighting
                                      • Cataloguing, labeling and maintenance of tape library
                                      • Stand by Studio operations supervisor
                                      • Volunteer instructor and supervisor
                                      • Routine gear maintenance
                                      Computer Hardware Interface Technician 1984 - 1987
                                      • Diagnosis of interface communications incompatibilities
                                      • Design and construction of computer interface cables
                                      • Maintain and repair diagnostic and construction equipment

There's more but i think that's should be enough.
                                      If I can answer your electronics questions i will. if not the NOT

Comment

Hi everyone.
                                        I am Fernando. I live in Portugal where I teach English at a local High School in Chaves. Even though I am a teacher I love learning about technical stuff, that's why I study refrigeration, electronics and home appliances on my own. I have learnt through some literature on these that I have acquired and also through online sites. I have joined the forum eager to learn and also to help if I can. We will be in touch.
                                        Fernando

Comment

Hi. New guy here. Trying to repair Panasonic Tc-p50s30.
                                          Have had minimal experience with this type of repair. More so in automotive field.
                                          Have pinpointed short at sc board.
                                          Unable to find a new or refurbished board anywhere. We'll I shouldn't say anywhere. I did find a ridiculously priced board in the states (I live in canada) but they would not ship to canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                          X