X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    I am researching information for a failed Cambridge Soundworks s750.

Comment

Hello - Just found the site trying to find a fix for my BN44-00155a. Thank you for all of the great information.

Comment

Hi I'm Rob.

I have a surprising number of electronic items that I would like to repair to working order, or re-cycle to clear clutter.

Currently I'm working on a Samsung P2570hd monitor which has had some internal arcing, damaging some resisters in the power section.

Despite the Glorious Internet, details on such repairs options are often difficult to find.

I'm hoping this site will help give me some needed direction.

Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone!! I am 32 and enjoy repairing things for fun and education. So far I have saved 1 TV and 3 computer monitors from the trash and I have repaired 3 Xbox 360 open tray errors so far on my quest for electronic repair knowledge. I have used this site for the tv and monitor repairs and decided I was more than overdue to signup! Thanks for the awesome information and have a great day!

Comment

Hello there, Tim here. I dab around with many things from micro controller programming to board electronics. Mostly on a hobby level. I'll attempt top repair anything electronic in nature. Back ground is in electronics and programming though most of my life I been writing code. Have a couple of bad Hanns G 27" LCD monitors that I am starting to work on. I knew from experience caps can lead to many issues so searching I found this forum.

Comment

greets to all, joined here to get advice on some caps I got which I think might quite possibly SUCK REALLY BAD.

Comment

Hi

I'm new here, but this site has been very helpful in solving some of the issues I have with my lcd tv's. thanks

Comment

noob here. Looking to get insight into general knowledge of electronic components, caps, resistor, xformer, etc.

To start would be in AC/DC circuit board.

Comment

Hello to everyone here. I am here because I've only found a few sites that actually have usefull information from the members. I would like to contribute to that in a meaningful way if possible. I was tinkering with electronics since high school. Then I finally went to school for it. Now I have about 12 years experience in troubleshooting down to the component lvl. I'm trying to grasp Cadence /Allegro PCB,PCBA design for work (not a fan of that particular software).
                    I have discovered over the past 10 years or so That I can fix pretty much anything, Except my marriage that is Thats another story LOL

I hope to get to know a few of you and feel free to ask for assistance if you need it. I did contract work for about 7 of the 12 years so I have seen a lot of strange issues that seemed to have even stranger methods to mfix them. I know they kepp telling me It doesn't work like that, But then it does. So I get the bragging rights I guess.

I'm in Minnesota working in the twin cities these days.
                    For some reason people I know give their money to places like Geek squad or what ever repair place first. Then after they get back home and it's still messed up I get the call. JOY

But I do it for personal pride most of the time. Lord knows They never pay me enough for the hours of research I put in to actually repair what the PRO's claimed was fixed and cashed the check.

Comment

Long time lurker, finally decided to register.

I am an avid recycler/repurposer of electronics. I have managed to revive PCs and monitors instead of throwing them in the trash like most consumers.

I have learned a lot on these boards and hope to continue my learning experience further by finally being able to partake in discussions.

Comment

This site is a great idea. Love it. Been here many time, but just as a visitor. SO, finally decided to join the conversation and eventually Ill certainly be able to participate in conversations. I'm an electronic enthusiast since immemorial times. Its always been my hobby and my Job (30 year career now n the repair business) I am almost retired from work but certainly not from hobby. Thanks to everyone for all the information available here, and talk to you soon, I guess.

Alain

Comment

Thanks for the access to this site. I've already gotten quite a bit of useful information from it in the past and am looking forward to doing the same in the future, as well as contributing something(s) . John Loos, Tech. Canal Winchester, OH.

Comment

I have used badcaps and found it helpful while repairingTV's.

Comment

Hi Guys , Been lurking thought I'de join in on the fun , My name is Tony and is the owner of a bga rework supply website.. I am here to hopefully offer unbiased advise to people and hopefully gain the trust for people to purchurse. Looking forward to helping others . B.T.W Im U.K based but can supply worldwide if needed. Regards

Comment

Hi all, I'm really pleased to join this forum. Its great to see so many people with common interests and such a wealth of high quality of technical know how. I started out my working life as an Apprentice Electrician and then moved into various different related fields. It's about 30 years since I was last paid for using a screw driver and I do miss that now that I'm in my mid fifties. I have varied interests in all things technical. Tinkering, hacking and a bit of Java coding.
                                I have recently decided to try and fix electronic kit for a hobby. I am amazed by what gets thrown away or sold for a few pounds on Ebay or at car boots etc. I'm looking forward to some quality shed time and getting to understand much more about TV and computer electronics.

Cheers

Baz

Comment

hy.iam new member.i want study abaut lcd

Comment

Greetings my digital friends . Nice to meet you. My name is Filip and I'm a young wannabe technician ( still learning ). I like beer, big woman breasts and pcbs problems that are easy to solve . I hope that I'll have a nice stay here.

Comment

Hi everyone, Thanks for the acceptance. Been trying to fix a LG 42Inch. Aftera bit of googling, found this forum. I have some electronic background but i know there are more clever people that i can learn from. Looking forward to share some problem solving questions with all of you.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome

Comment

I studied electronics engineering at college in the 1970s, while at that time my hobby was to build and fix gadgets with my soldering iron. During the working years, I moved to pick up some other hobbies as my work is very much unrelated to electronics.
                                          Recently something triggered me to build small amplifiers for me to listen to music with my headphone and I found this forum quite amazing about the knowledge on caps.
                                          I hope to share my limited experience with all members and to find pleasure with the hobby that I once had in my younger days.

Comment

Working...
                                          X