This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey! I am Chris aka x9 from Tulsa, OK. I am a cell phone repair tech. I also repair various other electronics but I am not an expert in any specific field. I know just enough to scrape buy without getting killed. I fix everything from phones and computers to medical/dental equipment to welding crane parts or rock crawlers.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello everybody Im J, It is nice to be a member of this forum.

Comment

Hello all. Since I lurk a lot I decided to join. Lots of good info.

Merc

Comment

Hi All,
          occasional electronic fiddler in the most very basic, rudimentary sense. The extent of my work to date has been soldering and joining wires. Just tenatively exploring the world of components and circuitry with some reading and research.

I am initially hope to rejuvenate some 20-30 year old quality audio amps, not specifically monitors but I dare say with some early success with the hifi kit I my confidence will probably stretch to computer screens. I am otherwise a sucker for re-use, recycling & reduction of waste.

HH

Comment

Northern Michigan here - owner of a now dead Samsung PN50B650S1F plasma tv.

No support provided by Samsung beyond them telling me its out of warranty, so I'm here to see what I can learn to avoid calling a repair shop (if those even exist any longer).

Comment

Hi all! I registered with badcaps due to some issues with my TV. I can't find any posts that talk about my exact problem so I am posting here so I can start a new thread. Hopefully, someone will have an idea as to what is the exact problem with my TV.

Thanks!

Comment

Looking for guidance on a Panasonic LCD with Pink & grey bars instead of a picture...

Comment

hello I am stay at home, with a screwdriver. My name is khang from new jersey.

Comment

Hello guys My name Is Jhan, Can i open a New Thread here I cant post new Thread jhanmhaykhel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                    I have an acer aspire 4730z and its dead,, i open the laptop and search the defective parts and found that the switch(on/offbtn#) has 17v whats wrong with my motherboard...
                    tnx in advance keep safe every one

Comment

Hello guys My name Is Jhan, Can i open a New Thread here I cant post new Thread jhanmhaykhel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                      I have an acer aspire 4730z and its dead,, i open the laptop and search the defective parts and found that the switch(on/offbtn#) has 17v whats wrong with my motherboard...
                      tnx in advance keep safe every one.

Comment

tnx in advance keep safe every one

Comment

Hi my name is nick and im from preston /uk im mainly into music as i have my own recording studio and have been djing since 1989. Dam i wish i had of gone into electronics from school ....im a stainless steel welder/pipefitter by trade which means i work alot in the process food industry orange ,chocolate ,milk ,cheese most food products ive worked with :-) ive had a go at fixing a few things over the years well some of my synths when they break :-) but im no expert by anymeans..thought it would be a good idea to join this site and maybe learn something about how things work and are put together, im 43 and 1 of my frazes i use alot is "you never stop learning" !!

Comment

Hello, thanks to everyone that participates in the knowledge that leads to repair of what every needs repaired, at minimal cost .

Comment

Hello, my name is jeremy. thanks in advance to all of the knowledgeable people here to help with some troubleshooting!

Comment

Hello. I'm Dijah. Currently studying antho + computer science. What will I do with it? The world may never know.

I lurk, especially since my love has a LG tv without any picture.

Comment

Hi,

Adam from Warsaw, Poland here. Thanks for making such nice forum!

Comment

Long time lurker and, apparently, a first time poster. I thought I'd done an intro a while back but I don't have access to anything so I guess not.

I'm in the US and have been toying with electronics for about 15yrs but I'd hesitate to even call myself a hobbyist. I've got a lot to learn and I'm hoping I can learn a bit here as I try to fix a plasma I picked up for free.

Comment

Hi,
                                      I am Alfred from Uzbekistan. Need some help on motherboard modding.

Comment

Hello. I'm a retired technician but haven't practised professionally for 11 years before retiring after redundancy since when I inspected aluminium castings till I could draw my pension.

Comment

Hello guys , was looking for some info on tv repair and found this great forum
                                          53 yo , married with 2 kids . like to putz around fixing anything i can get my hands on .
                                          ill be checking in often.. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X